Author Topic: System Shock...3?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
System Shock...3?
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:58:24 PM »
The official page.

There's a sound clip and a survey. The sound clip made me hope that Eric and Terri Brosius are involved. The survey made me wonder if I'm too trusting with my e-mail address.

Quote from the Gamespot article:

While OtherSide Entertainment appears to be the development studio behind the project, the page also acknowledges Night Dive Studios LLC as holders of the System Shock trademark. Night Dive Studios recently acquired the full rights to the franchise.

Hmmm. Another quote:

Paul Neurath, founder of the original System Shock developer Looking Glass Studios, is also the founder of OtherSide Entertainment.

So there's a chance -- a chance, mind you -- that it won't suck.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
Re: System Shock...3?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 11:04:44 PM »
A part of me hopes Ken Levine and his little post-Irrational studio gets involved.
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: System Shock...3?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 02:17:33 AM »
An updated and enhanced version of System Shock was released not long ago on GOG and yeah, both Looking Glass (original developer) and Night Dive are credited. But Night Dive focuses on bringing back old titles to modern computers.

Otherside Entertainment is new and is still developing it's first game, a revival of the Underworld franchise. This revival being in full production it's doubtful that work on System Shock 3 is engaged past the pre-production stage. The survey seems to hint at that as the kind of questions asked are of the "we are thinking about what to implement in the game" variety. Knowing that an old-timer of Looking Glass is in charge should be reassuring (there could be hope for the Thief franchise yet... but let's not get carried away  :lol: )

I don't know what became of Ken Levine and Irrational. I know they announced after the release of Bioshock Infinite final DLC that they were going to reduce the size of the studio and to work for 2K on much smaller scaled titles but since then, nothing new.

Anyway, I too would certainly not mind to see a System Shock 3 (on the condition it is done right) but I don't think we'll be looking at it tomorrow. Maybe in a year we'll have more tangible details.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything