Author Topic: Well it was interesting...  (Read 899 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Well it was interesting...
« on: December 28, 2015, 01:54:15 AM »
Possibly one of the worst Christmas I had in my life. Due to my mother health issues I spend most of the week-end on watch for falls instead of Christmas niceties.

"I bought you a walker mom. Where is it?"

"I don't know, I'm not the one using it."

"*Sigh* Yeah I can see that".

And it's this way since I bought her the walker almost two months ago after her "accident". She uses it like 20% of the time and mainly when I present it to her and tell her to use it.

Anyway. I hope your Christmas was much better folks.

At least it's nice to see that some traditions are maintained http://www.noradsanta.org. It's nice to see what should have been the early warning system to humanity's final doom being put to much better use since 1955  :xgrin:

Now heading to New Year...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline bobdog

Re: Well it was interesting...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 12:55:29 PM »
Our first non-White Christmas in Vermont since we moved here in 2000, but I loved the extra warmth and sunshine after last year's 7-month-long winter....

And the elves were good to me this year as well!  :xrifle:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Well it was interesting...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 09:06:59 PM »
I've had a few run-ins with my mom about her walker over the last several years, but I've successfully blocked most of it out. The night-terrors have tapered off and I only occasionally wake up screaming. So...hooray for denial! :madscientist:

Yup, NORAD's been just aces at tracking an imaginary elf over the years.

"Hey...there he is! Over Ohio! Wait...what are all those blips showing up all over the radar screen?"

"Oh, shit." :ss-fan

We didn't have a white christmas, which is fine by me. I hate 1) snow and 2) the cold, so the season is something of a misery for me. Autumn would've been nice, if we'd had one. No, it was warm weather all the way through November, wherein I killed a total of 11 wasps that had wandered indoors, confused as all hell.

Just north of my town, there's been some nasty weather (and way south, too...glad I'm not in Dallas), so I'm happy that it's just cold. We had some ice the other day, but it melted pretty quickly.

As for those elves? Let's just say that when I started up Fallout 4 and it had to redetect my settings, the recommended specs were "ultra" across the board. :ss-sparkly
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

everything