Author Topic: FO4 DLC Announced. Whoopty-doo.  (Read 881 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
FO4 DLC Announced. Whoopty-doo.
« on: February 16, 2016, 01:32:46 PM »
To be released in March, April, and May.

The Twitter announcement...and the website, which requires you to enter your birthdate like you're some kind of underage criminal, or something.

Anyway, the DLC:

Automatron
Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 AUD
Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Robot companions. Great.

Wasteland Workshop
Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $7.95 AUD
Release: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

An arena of death. Great.

Far Harbor
Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUD
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

More synths. Grea--waitagoddamnminute. Twenty five dollars?

TWENTY FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS??

Now would be the perfect time for this smiley:  :blowingpmad: :blowingpmad: :blowingpmad: :blowingpmad: :blowingpmad:

Astonishing. So far there's been no GECK, the game is boring as week-old dog shit...and I still can't place a simple door on a house. Know what, Bethesda? Fuck you. Just...just fuck you. I can't take anymore of this nonsense.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: FO4 DLC Announced. Whoopty-doo.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 12:19:28 AM »
TWENTY FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS??

Well they have to justify the season pass price tag... Oh wait, I read they also intend to increase the season pass price from $30 to $50? Yeah sure, go on... That puts the complete FO4 at what... $110? But hey, the bright side is, you buy the pass now and you still can take advantage of the $30 price... there's some shitty marketing.

Quote from: Bethesda website
Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

I'm pretty sure this "L" is a typo.

Robot companions. Great.

So useful for people wanting (trying more like) to be stealthy. But wait, FO4 is a shooter favoring heavy firepower over subtlety so that doesn't really matter, right?

I'll pass, they can contact me again when the whole thing is on sale (and not for 50%, more like 90%) and then we'll talk.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:25:43 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: FO4 DLC Announced. Whoopty-doo.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:52:02 AM »
I'm pretty sure this "L" is a typo.

:ok:

But wait, FO4 is a shooter favoring heavy firepower over subtlety so that doesn't really matter, right?

Exactly. My "stealthy" character -- not that it matters, as she's always detected regardless of how many perks she has -- has thus far collected six full sets of power armor and at least five more power frames, just from casually wandering around the wasteland. And I wasn't even *looking* for them. And she can use that power armor without any training whatsoever. And she can pick up any given heavy weapon without worrying about strength requirements, because there are none! Just point and shoot! Yay!

(On a side note: I was experimenting with destroying egg clutches in the Castle with the missile launcher I found on a table. It didn't work too well. Molotovs were far more effective.)

Oh, and some sorta good news: according to The Most High Todd, the GECK will be released sometime after the first DLC...around April, apparently. They really are dragging this out.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.