Author Topic: Prospekt  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Prospekt
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:28:03 AM »
It's 4:30am and the Tagamet's just starting to kick in, so hooray for that. But while I'm here...

Prospekt is available on Steam.

Prospekt begins in the Nova Prospekt prison in the Half-Life universe. Gordon Freeman is slowly being overrun by soldiers in the prison, however unknown to him, his Vortigaunt allies manage to find some help from a forgotten hero.

Wild guess: Adrian Shepherd. Or however you spell it. It's one of those names that no one ever spells consistently. There is no general agreement on how it should be spelled. There should be. Had I the capital and the vast armies required to enforce my will upon the world, it would be me. As it stands, it will probably be down to the whim of Trump, who will likely name it after himself ("Asshole").

The Steam Store page.

It's also $9.99 USD. And it's still being tinkered with, apparently.

I haven't been faithfully following the HL2 mod scene like a certain Mr. Bobdog has, but I'm guessing that there are probably at least a dozen better *free* mods out there. I don't know. I just want HL3. Is that so wrong?
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Offline bobdog

Re: Prospekt
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 06:41:08 AM »
I haven't played Prospekt but it's getting pretty universally reamed, from what I can tell. The main argument being that this lone author is charging $10 for a mediocre mod when dozens of much better, much longer mods are available for free. If the price gets down to $1 or $2, I'll give it a play, which is what I think most mods would be worth to me to pay for.

At least Black Mesa, the revised version of the original Half-Life story (minus the Xen levels), took 7 years and a dedicated team of volunteers to make. That one is essentially a new game, so it's worth the money.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Prospekt
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:17:36 PM »
And here I am, 13 days later, replying. I need an assistant, or something. Someone with a cattleprod.  :o

The thing that made me take pause had something to do with "corridor"-style gameplay. That sounded very, very bad.

I had been holding out on Black Mesa until they finished Xen, but it doesn't look like they're going to do that anytime soon, if at all. And it seems that I'm not alone in that...however, I recall hating Xen with a passion (precision long-jump there! miss! fall to your death! reload! ha ha!), so I can't say that its absence is lamentable...
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers