Author Topic: Flashback Friday AF  (Read 908 times)

Offline Lord Mantrid

• Sorry, you startled me. I was doing Snorkel Shots.
Flashback Friday AF
« on: April 01, 2016, 08:24:31 PM »
I hope the irony of my flaky ass showing up and posting this adds to the mystery.

So, seriously about 20 minutes ago a thought popped into my head that hasn't even crossed my mind in years.

What the dick ever happened to Neil Manke? Do you realize it's been five freaking years now since anyone even heard anything out of him? It's been eight years since Black Widow Games updated their website (although a domain search shows that it was re-registered in 2013 and set to expire in 2019)

I guess this is partially a "Does anyone know WTF ever happened to him?" but it's just as much of a "Christ, has it really been that long?"

This probably belongs in the off topic thread, but my mind has always been all over the place and besides, something something something They Hunger: Lost Souls
Spoiler
valv softwer is 3d relms in teh futuer!!!!!!111!1!1one1!

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Flashback Friday AF
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 12:04:24 AM »
I was looking at some threads a few months back, actually, and it appears Neil got really sick. The question was whether he died, and if not, why hasn't he released his code for the new They Hunger. (Obviously a bunch of a-holes who care more about the code.) Long story short, I think the HL2 engine was too much for Black Widow to do anything substantial. Hopefully, he's alright, but regardless, I don't think Lost Souls is coming out.

Offline Lord Mantrid

• Sorry, you startled me. I was doing Snorkel Shots.
Re: Flashback Friday AF
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 03:26:37 AM »
I think we all learned with Duke Nukem Forever that if it takes more than 10 years for a game to be released then you probably don't want it to be released. But seriously, though. It's crazy thinking how long ago it's been.
Spoiler
valv softwer is 3d relms in teh futuer!!!!!!111!1!1one1!