Author Topic: A little poetic justice in Dishonored 2  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
A little poetic justice in Dishonored 2
« on: May 17, 2016, 12:15:44 PM »
I don't know how I missed it until now, but Corvo is being voiced by Stephen Russell!

Dishonored 2 is suddenly shaping up to be a truer successor to the classic Thief trilogy than 2014's Thief ever was--especially if you consider Emily (the other playable character) as somewhat analogous to Erin/the girl Garrett met at the end of Deadly Shadows.
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: A little poetic justice in Dishonored 2
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:24:52 PM »
That. Is. Awesome.

We need more Stephen Russell...although they tried pretty hard to make us sick of him in Skyrim. :ss-thinking  Mercer Frey, various merchants and elves, the guy you help in the TG meadery mission...he was almost Skyrim's answer to Wes Johnson's ubiquity in Oblivion.

Anyway.

Although it's probably silly, I still hope that someday someone will just blip over that fourth game and continue the series in the vein of the original. And yet, there's still talk of making a movie out of it, and they'll probably use the latest game as the template. There isn't enough Pepto-Bismol in the world.

But never mind that now; in celebration of Our Hero's role in Dishonored 2, I will reinstall Dishonored and FINISH it this time.  :hammerhead:
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 09:16:03 PM »
I will reinstall Dishonored and FINISH it this time.  :hammerhead:

One of my complaints about Dishonored was that it wasn't challenging.  You had to challenge yourself, and, frankly, I just couldn't be bothered to put forth that kind of effort.  However, I read an interesting article (ironically, after I'd already parted ways with the game) advocating a play style that would have somewhat alleviated my concern:

RULE #1 Corvo can only kill targets with clear evidence of wrongdoing. The target must somehow incriminate themselves or the Heart must be specific regarding the crime they have committed.
RULE #2 Once a target is selected, Corvo must attempt assassination without alerting others to his presence. If he is detected, he can try to escape or if necessary use non-lethal methods of takedown.

If you found yourself having a hard time getting through it, perhaps this play style could spice things up for you.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 06:15:54 AM »
If you found yourself having a hard time getting through it, perhaps this play style could spice things up for you.

Alternatively you can also try to do it as I did it in one playthrough... not killing anyone, including your targets. It's entirely possible and -- to me at least -- possibly the most challenging of the gameplay styles (the less challenging being amusingly to go gun blazing and sword flashing, assassinating everyone in sight). Although you don't need to spare your primary targets to achieve the best outcome, finding alternative ways to "remove" them is sometimes much more cruel. Like the High Oversseer that you can just kill OR brand as a heretic which allows you to find him again later in the game drooling among the poor souls suffering from the plague. At that point you may decide to kill him anyway to spare him suffering or if you feel really cruel to let him live so he can enjoy his fate to the hilt.. Finishing the game without killing any of your primary targets also wins you the "poetic justice" achievement.

Nice to know about Stephen Russell. Curious to see what a russelled (yeah, that's a word... I just invented it) Corvo will give.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 10:10:16 AM »
the less challenging being amusingly to go gun blazing and sword flashing, assassinating everyone in sight

Then again, players like Volound and StealthGamerBR do amazing things with that approach.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:15:35 AM by Doc_Brown »

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 08:35:41 PM »
I must admit, very creative ways to go wacko... That said, you'll notice that those two videos only feature the DLC with Daud. Daud possesses abilities that are unknown to Corvo and make for a much more effective and enjoyable high chaos gameplay IMO. 

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 02:28:20 PM »
Well if it's Corvo you want, here's Volound and StealthGamerBR tearing up the Hound Pits Pub.  :smoking:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 11:32:04 PM by Doc_Brown »