Author Topic: System Shock Reboot Demo (pre-alpha) available  (Read 782 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
System Shock Reboot Demo (pre-alpha) available
« on: June 29, 2016, 01:41:37 PM »
Here something that should interest some people here:

https://www.gog.com/game/system_shock

I played it and it's very nice, especially because they successfully kept the atmosphere while pushing the whole thing to modern standard.

There's also a kickstarter for it with a goal of $900,000 (already at $400,000+) that ends in 29 days.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:25:08 PM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: System Shock Reboot Demo (pre-alpha) available
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 06:40:14 AM »
In case anyone's interested -- and I am, keenly -- they surpassed their $900k goal; they raised $1,350,700. So I guess this thing's gonna happen.

A quote from the last update:

We’ve brought on two new folks onto the team this month to help fill out our leadership ranks.

Kevin Manning has joined the team as our Lead Artist. I worked with Kevin back on Fallout: New Vegas, and since then he’s been at a few places including Stardock and various contract opportunities. He’s been in the industry for about 12 years and has a passion for all things scifi and cyberpunk!

James Henley recently joined us as our Lead Level Designer. James has been in the industry for a while with most of his work being done at BioWare on Star Wars: The Old Republic, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Jade Empire. He’ll be leading our team of level designers to deliver on a challenging, yet rewarding, content experience and working alongside Chris Avellone to create the best visual storytelling environments on Citadel Station!

But I still think the greatest bit is that Terri Brosius is involved. Now: if the planets align and Eric Brosius does the audio...
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

Re: System Shock Reboot Demo (pre-alpha) available
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 07:21:50 AM »
Loved the demo -- that's how you Kickstart a game. It was fun to play, and accessible for the new folks who never played the original (which, to be honest, is very intricately involved). Looking forward to the full update, as well as the new content.

everything