Author Topic: Remastered... Bioshock 1 and 2  (Read 589 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Remastered... Bioshock 1 and 2
« on: September 19, 2016, 03:39:36 PM »
Well that kinda fell in my lap today when Steam informed me that I should not forget to play Bioshock. Well "What? That's done... a long time ago" I thought, then I noticed the "Remastered" label. It appears that if you own Bioshock 1 and/or 2 you get the remastered version for free... Not complaining.

Out of curiosity I downloaded and played a bit up to the point when you get into the medical sector. All in all, slightly better textures, better effects (mostly looks like Bioshock 2 looked) but rather disappointing considering that the download was 21 GB (compared to the 5 GB or the original version). Then I realized that there was a lot of videoed director's commentaries included that you can discover while playing the game and that you can either play between killing two big daddies or replay from the menu. There's also a "museum" (in which you can walk like a part of the game) presenting all the ideas from Irrational Games guys during the development that never make it into Bioshock or make it into a different form...etc.

In the end a version that is of collector's interest. I didn't try Bioshock 2 Remastered but I guess it's along the same lines.

But once again, it's free for those who already own the game on Steam. So there's that...

I can't help but notice that there's an awful lot of "Remastered this... Remastered that..." these days.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Remastered... Bioshock 1 and 2
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »
I think I read that there's nothing extra w/Bioshock 2. But I apparently have the Minerva's Den DLC, so I'll give that a whirl shortly.

everything