Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 861 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Merry Christmas
« on: December 24, 2016, 11:24:18 AM »
Before I leave for my activities of tonight, I wanted to drop a Merry Christmas to all of you (or whatever feast you feel like celebrating, even if for a lot of people it's just a normal week-end).

Enjoy some time in family as is the tradition, drink and eat, but not too much... and above all keep safe. Personally I won't go into excess mode as I'm kinda sick and with medication so I will try to just relax. Also a thought to Carrie Fisher... loosing Princess Leia would really really suck.

Anyway...

:xchristmas:
      :xsnowfight1:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline bobdog

Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 11:55:57 AM »
Agreed -- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all our friends here.

And the good news is that if Carrie dies, they'll just post her face on someone else's body in the editing process for SW8....  ::)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 04:04:53 PM »
Merry Christmas to all our friends, both sick and well...get better and stay well, respectively.

And I will keep the spirit of the season alive by taking an hour out of my day to NOT wish that all the [multiple foreign countries causing problems for the far more civilized nations] were dead. But just an hour. After that, I'm hoping HARD for a meteor strike on [specific ass-backwards country currently being a pain in the ass]. I maintain that there will be peace on earth...but only when all the jerks are dead.

...although knowing human nature, we'll just invent more jerks.

Oh, well.  :xrolleyes:

I'd post a Carrie Fisher pic, but I don't want to run the risk of this becoming a memorial post. So I'll just acknowledge her unique sense of humor by tapping into my Inner Perv to say that I have a few ideas for a CGI Carrie. :ss-sparkly
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline SlyFoxx

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 04:27:31 PM »
Merry Christmas taffers.  What no holiday forum skin?! 

I redirect to TTLG re the holiday...

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147351

As for CF...I was only a small kid but the princess made me think thoughts that I didn't quite know what they were....

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 09:53:29 PM »
Feliz Navidad, Foxx!

There are a couple of holiday-themed skins available: hover over "Profile" and click "Forum Profile"; you'll see three buttons under the goldy-orangey text, and hover over the middle one, "Modify Profile." Click on "Look and Layout," and the first option will let you pick from a list of themes.

The cat is in the tree. My grandfather would have passed a solid gold brick. Then he would've grabbed the cat by the tail and snapped it like a whip. After the mess was cleaned up, my grandmother would've offered me a cookie (COOKIES!) to console me over the brutal death of my cat. And I'm talking about my dad's family...my mother's family was NUTS.

However, I think the cat in the tree is funny. I think both grandfathers would've called me some variation of "sissy."

You know, thinking back to an afternoon in 1979, I realize now that the tableaux that I created with New Hope Leia (missing her vinyl cape, of course) and every single other figure I had was pretty much an orgy. I had no idea what my soon-to-be-five year old self was thinking, but that's what it was. To my credit, I believe that I considered her actions to be consensual and not the result of malice on the part of the stormtroopers, sand people, Luke, Han, 3P0, R2, Vader, Obi-Wan, Greedo, that hammer-headed guy, and the robot guard from The Black Hole who made a highly-regarded cameo.

I had no idea I was so progressively-minded at such a young age. Yay, me! :ss-shootme
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 11:17:57 PM »
Merry Christmas taffers.  What no holiday forum skin?!

There's a Christmas theme that has been active for at least a week. I didn't reset everyone to the forum default skin so the reason for which you don't see it is probably that you're using a skin other than the forum default. But wait a minute...

There... everyone reset to forum default so the skin should be displayed.

And now I'm going to bed... Head hurts...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline SlyFoxx

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 11:28:59 PM »
Thanks SF...I feel much better now.  God bless us, everyone.