Author Topic: Happy new year  (Read 861 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Happy new year
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:43:58 AM »
2016 is over... I know a lot of people, some of them personally, for whom this is great news. Because on the whole 2016 have not been the greatest year ever and few where the moments to really cheer us up. So here's hoping that 2017 will be the explosion of joy, good ideas, peace and love that 2016 was not. One can only hope... but it's free.

At any rate, happy new year to everyone, except those who will only take the dive in 27 more days (as the Chinese calendar is lunar based unlike ours). Especially I extend my most heartfelt best wishes to the the Foxhole regulars. Be this year a great one for all your endeavors and bring to you what you wish for (and be careful what you wish for, one never know).

:xnew_year:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Happy new year
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 09:10:47 AM »
Is it over? Is it safe? Geez...2016 managed to off Debbie Reynolds and William Christopher on its way out the door, just out of sheer spite. I could grumble something grim about them getting out of here before the crap truly hits the fan, but instead I'll rephrase a Lennon song title: "Happy Xmas (2016 Is Over)."

I still feel that we should probably brace ourselves for what's ahead, though. But dark portents aside, yes...hope certainly costs nothing, and it's all we have sometimes.

Once again I'll be eschewing "resolutions," as I consider any form of self-improvement to be setting the bar too high, personally speaking. I prefer to hope that others improve and thus drag me along in the wake of their determination.

So here's to an effort-free, minimal-effort 2017, full of promise, hope, and most importantly: happiness.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 11:30:48 AM »
Ditto and agreed -- lots of changes ahead for 2017. For us Americans, lots of unknowns with this new political structure in place. We'll see if the Republican party can support the American people this time, instead of just hindering any sort of progress.

Personally, my daughter is a senior this year, so she'll be off to college, somewhere, in the fall. It's a big transition for our family, but we're excited about what the future holds.

Best wishes to all for 2017!!!

Offline SlyFoxx

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 05:29:00 PM »
Here's to 2017.  As far as I can tell some good Thiefy Fan Made goodness to come this year.  I'll be by from time to time so things don't get missed. 

Happy New Year folks.