Author Topic: Random Babbling: 2017  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Random Babbling: 2017
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2017, 05:58:21 AM »
I hop on my funny soapbox too...

I had somewhere a review of the game Deadpool that I was delaying, I didn't really know why. Then today I checked the status of the game and realized that it wasn't available anywhere anymore. That's right, apparently Activision lost the right to do anything related to Marvel Comics and as a consequence every game digitally published by Activision containing Marvel characters were removed from sale.

Know what guys? Spared me a review. Who cares reviewing a game nobody can buy? On the other hand the copy I own could be worth a fortune, who knows? Except that apparently according to law I'm not really the owner of the copy, I just own the right to play the game (but that's true of music and movies too).

The same thing happened to games pertaining to the Doctor Who franchise a while ago.

So what's to say? Stay away from games having anything to do with comics, movies, TV shows? They could be gone tomorrow.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline bobdog

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2017, 10:45:11 AM »
I did a mini-review of Deadpool and I was underwhelmed, so I wouldn't worry about it anyway. I couldn't even finish it....

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2017, 05:58:03 AM »
I did a mini-review of Deadpool and I was underwhelmed, so I wouldn't worry about it anyway. I couldn't even finish it....

Oh I finished it but I agree. There was some moments of twisted humor (and not all were really funny) but other than that it was a pretty basic game.

And now to strike on EA head some more... (it's always fun)

When does Electronic Arts screwed up in such a major way that even them realize it?

It's when they start to sell a one month old game with a 40% rebate (under the cover of holidays sales of course). Yep that's true, the infamous Star Wars: Battlefront II that was released mid-November, with which everyone had so much fun recently (not playing it, the other kind of fun), which trigger the ire of legislators in a number of countries and made EA shares drop 5% in a day and even push the likes of Forbes to wonder if EA wasn't overvalued as a company anyway, the one that normally should have been EA top seller for Christmas is currently sold 40% off (and it's still too expensive IMO).

By comparison it took them 6 months to offer a first rebate on Dragon Age Inquisition and it was no more than 20%.

I guess it's their way to say "Sorry, we really screwed up" (in fact it's more like trying to save what can be saved)... Well, guys, we don't want apologies anyway; we just want you to stop screwing up. Is that so much to ask?

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything