December 18, 2017, 06:49:10 AM

Author Topic: I crave more quest mods  (Read 145 times)

Offline Lord Mantrid

• Sorry, you startled me. I was doing Snorkel Shots.
I crave more quest mods
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:02:32 AM »
If you're like me you probably wish there were more sidequests. So far Xander's Aid http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17050/? is by far the best one I have found. Like, it legitimately feels like it should be part of the game and I'm eternally grateful for that. However, those kinds of things can only tide you over for so long so if you know of any like XA that I'm not thinking about please drop them here because I get bored very easily.
Spoiler
valv softwer is 3d relms in teh futuer!!!!!!111!1!1one1!

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: I crave more quest mods
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »
I had a couple I was tracking but never tried:

Fusion City Rising

and

Maxwell's World.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Lord Mantrid

• Sorry, you startled me. I was doing Snorkel Shots.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 01:49:52 AM »
Let me bump this long abandoned post to tell you my thoughts on Maxwell's World.

It's Fallout's version of The Gate.

The world is impressive. There was a lot of thought put into it. Seriously.

The problem lies within gameplay. It's bad, it's buggy and it's broken. The creator is completely unwilling to help and doesn't care anything about user input on the whole project and doesn't take criticism well, although not nearly as poorly as our slightly unstable English friend who we all now know as the Tommy Wiseau of mods.

Avoid it until it can be fixed, if it CAN be fixed. Hell, I may have broken my entire gameplay because of this dumpster fire.
Spoiler
valv softwer is 3d relms in teh futuer!!!!!!111!1!1one1!

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 12:02:06 PM »
I've taken to judging all kinds of things by the standards set by The Gate. For example: "Cheez-Wiz is The Gate of processed cheese spreads." Or: "Episodes I through III are The Gate of the Star Wars saga." (In the same vein: "That goddamn Anakin kid is The Gate of child actors." Alternately, "...the Tommy Wiseau of child actors."? Perhaps.) And so on.

My favorite mods are those that break the game so well that a thorough mod purge and a complete restart is necessary...especially when I've put a couple dozen hours into the game to get my character to the point where it's strong enough to meet the mod's requirements. It's not so bad when I can admit that FO4 is pretty much just something I mess with to kill time until something better comes along, but still...irritating.

That's just one reason why I avoid quest mods in general. I have more reasons, most of them directly related to my various neuroses and psychoses, but that one will do for now.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

everything