December 18, 2017, 06:34:08 AM

Author Topic: Creation Club is LIVE! Everybody REJOICE!  (Read 105 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Creation Club is LIVE! Everybody REJOICE!
« on: August 29, 2017, 10:29:02 AM »
Because frankly I didn't think that Bethesda could be that hilariously stupid. I knew they were rolling down the slope but that?

The first paying mods from the club

I'm speechless... literally...

Oh and for the notice, the exchange rate money/credit wise is about $1 for 100 Bethesda Credits. So yeah, the idiotic Gauss gun right on the page that is probably already on the Nexus anyway, is $4. The power armor? $5 (and I know for a fact that there is already a Hellfire armor on the Nexus)

The Creation Club may be useful to PS4 player as Sony only accept the release of mods under specific conditions that render 90% of mod content unavailable to PS4 owners. For PC though... this is just crap.

Well, future will tell if that will remain crap but for now what I can tell is that this official announcement is the worst example of marketing EVER! "Hey, we don't offer you anything new, we just want you to pay for it"... That's the vibe I get.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:41:13 AM by Starfox »

It's always easier to hate than to love and some game companies do really like to make it even easier for us.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Creation Club is LIVE! Everybody REJOICE!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:35:45 AM »
I've always thought that there is a special place in hell for the first scumbag who looked at the internet's possibilities and said, "I wonder how I can make money off that?" After this, I believe that impaled on the Wall Of Knives right next to him (or her, you never know) is every single greedy bastard at Zenimax Media.

Welcome to our safe gated online community where Nothing Can Go Wrong! ...can go wrong...can go wrong...can go wrong... :ss-ahhhh

I think I've seen most of those mods, or amazing facsimiles thereof, on the Nexus already. And they're free. Except for that stupid horse armor joke...that one can eat its own dick and die, for all I care.

[On a side note, I think the Nexus should implement a policy that whoever asks "could u port this to sse?" (for Skyrim SE) or "could u make this 4 xbone?" (for anything at all) should be banned forever. Or torn in half. Whichever hurts more. I also encourage this policy for dog owners, their dogs, and the parents of children under 30, but that's just a personal gripe.]

I don't see this going well at all. It's going to do no good, and it's going to hurt modding. ...which is what they want anyway; since they're not making money off of mods directly, to hell with the [free] modders! First they control the distribution; then they control the content. (Good luck running a body mod featuring the most evil thing ever devised: the nipple.) Next up, not being able to play the game with rogue [free] mods, citing "it might hurt your game and wreck all of your saves!" (This sort of panic is easy to foment, looking at how everyone looks at a mod with scripts the same way most people would look at a deadly spider with wings, thanks to a few morons.)

No good can come of this.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 05:44:53 AM »
The last one is priceless... Well, not exactly because it is priced.

Skyrim SE will have the benefit of a "survival mode" akin to the one featured in Fallout 4 (for those who like to get hurt a lot, die of frostbites, being perpetually hungry and thirsty and so on... not my cup of tea but I know people who love that so... good for them). There is one tiny difference though. Survival mode was added to Fallout 4 as a free update several months after launch. Skyrim SE survival mode is apparently a product of the Creation Club and so you'll have to pay for it... But fear not, the first week after release will be free (however if you start a new character for that and if the survival mode works the same as in Fallout 4, be aware that you won't be able to revert to normal difficulty except by starting a new game so I guess they try the free week approach in order to make some people stick).

By the way Bethesda, this type of mode for Skyrim has been in existence for a veeery long time now. and guess what... free.

Meanwhile everyone is still waiting for what would turn the Creation Club in something other than a useless gimmick: fairly large story mods like Dragonborn or even Far Harbor or better, Enderal. People would be willing to pay for that, not for the crap currently on display. Had you started the Creation Club with a mod akin to Enderal... everyone would have gone "Wow". What you have now are just big "Boos!' except from fanboys obviously.

I'm less impressed with each new announcement. I didn't think that could be possible so... bravo!

Oh and the current "Let's celebrate 20 years of Fallout with the Creation Club". Really? If I wanted to do that I would just replay the first Fallout, thank you very much.

It's always easier to hate than to love and some game companies do really like to make it even easier for us.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 12:44:08 AM »
I heard about the Survival Mode and the first things that came to mind was Frostfall...yup: free. I'm not sure how they can justify charging for a mod that hasn't exactly been as extensively tested as Frostfall, but I'm pretty sure it won't be as well-regarded, if at all.

(I don't play with survival mods, btw...I feel the game is inconvenient enough without adding to my troubles.)

On a side note, I saw that they're selling Doomguy armor for FO4, and I was greatly underwhelmed. Low-res ridiculous crap. Obviously it's up to Bethesda's standards, as it looks terrible.  ::)
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:28:33 AM »
And for reference, Gopher pointed out a few absolutely essential mods related to that:

As you can guess from the video, Gopher is not pleased with the Creation Club... but who is?

everything