Author Topic: Bethesda wants to play it hard?  (Read 362 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Bethesda wants to play it hard?
« on: October 21, 2017, 09:57:07 AM »
Well, there's a new trend sadly emerging on the Nexus apparently. When modders publishing their work on the Nexus want to be granted permission for things like using music from Fallout 3 or meshes from Skyrim into a Fallout 4 mod the answer is "no". While I can understand when a company says no to their assets being used in games developed by other companies and having no relation whatsoever with the Fallout franchise, I hardly see the relevance of the rule when it is about using assets from a previous game in the same series which was furthermore developed and published by the same company. As for using meshes from Skyrim? Come on, it's still a Bethesda game so what's the point to forbid that? Unless...

Could it be that people working for the Creation Club do not encounter the same walls?  :realconfused: Well, considering that the situation is getting worse NOW, it's the first thing that comes to mind for most people.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Lord Mantrid

• Sorry, you startled me. I was doing Snorkel Shots.
Re: Bethesda wants to play it hard?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
As much as I dislike unnecessary government intervention, I do hope that the proposed legislation the Hawaiians are working on against EA's microtransactions will somehow bleed over and Bethesda will start to feel the pinch of their own nefarious actions.
Spoiler
valv softwer is 3d relms in teh futuer!!!!!!111!1!1one1!

everything