Author Topic: Random Babbling: 2018  (Read 191 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Random Babbling: 2018
« on: January 11, 2018, 07:40:43 AM »
Meet the new year, same as the old year.

I guess it's their way to say "Sorry, we really screwed up" (in fact it's more like trying to save what can be saved)... Well, guys, we don't want apologies anyway; we just want you to stop screwing up. Is that so much to ask?

I wonder if they went ahead and discounted it as a blind, because they know they'll eventually make up the difference by reintroducing microtransactions when no one's looking and perhaps even increasing the cost...

...sorry, that's just too evil for me this early in the morning.  :ss-weird1

On another note, I'd like to propose the "So What Law." This is named for the required response from the Justice system when informed by an individual or individuals accusing someone of "inappropriate behaviour" 10 or more years after the fact. For example:

Victim: He [groped me/took my picture while I was asleep, pretending he was grabbing my boobs/etc.]!

Society: Okay. When did this happen?

Victim: Um...twenty years ago.

Society: Twenty...years...ago.

Victim: Yes.

Society: So what?

Under the So What Law, victims will be required to report any allegations of assault within a week of the unimaginable trauma of, for example, being felt up by a creepy rich guy. If you're waiting 20 years for a media frenzy in order to boost your bank account, your media profile, or just in hopes of reviving a career that's in the crapper, Society in general will be moved to sneer "so what?"

An addendum (in the works) will also require everyone to laugh dismissively.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

Re: Random Babbling: 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:07:55 AM »
There is merit to the length of time between action and public accusation, but I also feel that many women (mostly) have not felt safe to say what happened to them in the past, and are more able to speak the truth after the floodgates just recently opened. For some people, these actions may have taken place 20 years ago, but the loss of pride/respect/trust is still felt today. Don't be dismissive about what the accusers are saying, as they may still be dealing with those feelings on a daily basis.

And as a father of a college-age woman, I want her to know that if anything does happen to her, she will be taken seriously and not dismissed. That's what has been missing for the past 30 years, and why it is all leaking out now.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »
Under my law, if she reports the incident within a week, she won't be ignored. ;D

But really what's bothering me...okay. This needs to be said. I don't care what the Canadians or the Olympics officials say. Curling isn't a sport.

NOT. A. SPORT.

Also, hip-hop and rap are not music. Sorry, LL Cool J (for example)...your "career" is a lie.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 05:10:44 PM »
Curling isn't a sport.

What are you talking about man? I love curling, really do... Gently brushing the ice with a broom; what's not to like?  It's relaxing :lol: Plus those guys have four pairs of stones to play with...

OK, I may need to change my medication...

It's always easier to hate than to love and some game companies do really like to make it even easier for us.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 12:44:34 AM »
Gently brushing the ice around the idiot [me] trying to make snow angels...they say a snow year's a good year...

I admit, with the right medication I could consider anything a sport.  :ss-sparkly  And just a single glance at the South Korean women's curling team made me seriously reconsider my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 12:52:11 AM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 10:51:09 PM »
Saw this on reddit:

They said I couldn't romance Tali as FemShep....

....but I got her to fall for me on Rannoch.

Rim shot.

Uh...btw, can anoyone else see my embedded pics? Take this thread, for example. Has photobucket restored linking? Will Esteban figure out that Maria is just using him to get to his twin brother Guillermo? All these questions will be answered...eventually...on the next episode of As The Stomach Churns.

Anyway, if linking is back, then the next two comments will have visual context. If not, then to hell with it.

#1:
There's a problem with the textures for this hairstyle (as well as the others from the source used), and the modder who packaged it has apparently disappeared up his or her own ass, so there probably will never be a fix. Solution? Darker hair. Or use another hairstyle. :P

#2:
I've spent years perfecting Shepard. Check that: attempting to perfect Shepard. Because I see at least two things I want to change here.

But generally speaking, this is as good as I can get it. Because Bioware's chargen options ALWAYS SUCK ASS.

See whaty you made me do, Bioware? You made me yell. Jerks.