Author Topic: Hey! There's still time...  (Read 278 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Hey! There's still time...
« on: January 13, 2019, 09:50:38 AM »
Sorry for the huge delay in presenting my best wishes to you all for 2019. It has been a pretty hectic beginning of the year. Hopefully things will get a bit more normal now that I have sorted some things out (other are still to be sorted like for example why Windows 10 is such a crap OS -- oh, excuse me, I mean "service" because suddenly Microsoft became ashamed of the words "operating system"; my guess is that it is because they can get away with all the bugs and BOSDs because one cannot expect a mere "service" to be reliable, right? And one can expect it to be patched every damn week). As far as I'm concerned, Windows 7 remains the best and most reliable OS microsoft ever issued. And I wish I still have it (but Microsoft made sure that the new CPUs are only supported on Windows 10).

Anyway, whole other story...

Happy wishes and take care.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Hey! There's still time...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 09:44:47 AM »
Take up the chant: "Make 11 Like 7!"

It won't work, of course. But did you ever think you'd miss Bill Gates? :ss-disbelief

After a couple months of dealing with 10, I'm still not comfortable with it; I eventually get used to an OS (exception: 8 and 8.1). But just when I think it's okay to love again (or at least sublimate my seething hatred), 10 has this habit of throwing out little annoyances...I just can't find a comfortable spot, so to speak: it's like sitting on a folding metal chair for an hour or two.

Anyway, happy new year people. I'd quote John Lennon, but no one wants that. :lol:
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Hey! There's still time...
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 11:22:44 AM »
I've lost count of the times I cry "give me back my win 7!!!"

There is a check list of things to disable in Windows 10 because they are idiotic and/or unnecessary. All those things are enabled by default on a new install and they are crap.

Also, I sadly now have two Windows 10, one on my primary computer and one on my secondary. One is the home edition and the other is the professional one. Funny how that goes. Things that are free for the professional edition (the DVD player is included) cost money on the home edition ($15 the DVD player)... Really, just get VLC media player it will read your DVDs just fine, is free, and is much less crappy than the MS DVD Player (and when I say crappy... Oh My God... it truly is).

I don't know what is going on with the new generation of suits and developers at MS but it's not pretty now that all the old-timers are gone. It's like the IQ has been significantly reduced. Greed does that... a lot.

Part of the problem was that Windows 10 was planned as the get go as a smartphone/desktop OS but now MS decided to end the smartphone support because, well... 0.3% of market share is not even worth the hassle. Especially after Bill Gates declared publicly "Me? I'm using Android" (that's how poor Windows 10 is on smartphones). Really I'm waiting for the day when Billie will go "Me? I'm using Linux".

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein