Author Topic: For once, someone devoted to make me NOT spend my money...  (Read 215 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
For once, someone devoted to make me NOT spend my money...
« on: March 21, 2019, 08:27:39 PM »
Here's games I could have bought this year and definitely won't:

The Sinking City
The Outer Worlds
Metro Exodus

Thanks to Tim Sweeney (and most possibly Tencent) that's about $180 I'll be able to spend elsewhere.

I could give a more thorough explanation if I cared to but I don't. Search for "Epic Game Store" if you're interested, read on the subject and the latest controversies and draw your own conclusions. Also try searching for "localconfig.vdf" "Steam" and "Epic Store", it's worth a read.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
Re: For once, someone devoted to make me NOT spend my money...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 10:18:47 PM »
Dammit, not The Sinking City too!  Now I have to debate whether to wait until 2020 or get it on PS4.  Metro Exodus I'm waiting on (FPS games I tend to limit to PC), and I haven't seen enough of The Outer Worlds to know if I'm interested in it yet.
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: For once, someone devoted to make me NOT spend my money...
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 11:00:48 PM »
So far, I'm saving tons of money this year. Thanks to companies that are bumbling fools (Bethesda) and outright evil (EA), I don't think I've bought a *new* game in a while. I should probably switch over to Geico and save 15% (or more!) on my car insurance, too. ::)
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

everything