Author Topic: Vampire -- The masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is coming  (Read 167 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Vampire -- The masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is coming
« on: March 22, 2019, 07:25:20 PM »
Yep, finally Paradox Entertainment decided to do something with the IP they bought about 3 years ago (among a lot of other IPs from White Wolf). They announced just a few hours ago that Bloodlines 2 was coming. There's not much known yet (the trailer is pre-rendered not actual in game) but you can follow the website there and the game is available for pre-order (I checked and for now it seems that it can be pre-ordered with Steam, Paradox Store, GOG and Epic Game Store -- and I don't mind as long as it doesn't turn into another Epic "exclusive": that said, with what happened these past two months it's better to take the store availability with with a grain of salt as long as Paradox doesn't give a clear statement about where they stand on the issue.)

But There you go! The announce of the day for VTMB fans  :lol:

Of and yes, bit of info, the writer of the first Bloodlines Brian Mitsoda is involved. The game is said to be a direct sequel to Bloodlines. The game is aimed for release Q1 2020
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 07:43:19 PM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Vampire -- The masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is coming
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 09:45:40 PM »
It was The Mother Of All Squees. It was The Squee Heard 'Round the World. I Squee, You Squee, We All Squee For VTMB.

Anyway, I find myself somewhat interested. :lol:  But yes: no pre-ordering for me until I know a lot more about it.

So far, there's not a lot of info, but it's set in Seattle and you're a Thin Blood looking for answers. Aren't we all, aren't we all...
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 11:55:44 PM »
We also don't know a lot about the pedigree of the studio behind it.  Finally getting a sequel is all well and good, but look how the newest Thief turned out.

It just reminds me of what we lost when Troika was shuttered.  Not only a possible Werewolf: The Apocalypse game, but also a Source Engine-based sequel to Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 02:57:36 AM »
FYI, you'll be able to buy it through GOG -- here's the page -- where it says it'll be playable on March 31st, 2020. So about a year until that happy day. If I were a fool (past evidence paints it as a strong possibility), I'd pre-order the Blood Moon edition ($89.99!?!).

However, unlike a fool, I think I'll wait a bit, see of there will be more info. (I admit that my main concerns are essentially questions about character customization):

- How many playable clans? Thinking about it...if I'm a Thin Blood, how important will a clan be, anyway? Will I even show clan traits, or will I just be a generic sorta-vampire? Ooh! Day Walker! Day Walker!

- Will I get to choose my character's gender? I am Woman, watch me explode in a cloud of bats.

- How extensive is the facegen? Will I be spending as much time on nose tweaks as I have in Skyrim?

- Will there be more than four outfits?

- Will I need to build a crappy shantytown out of materials I've scavenged from all over Seattle? Will I be tasked with establishing further vampire settlements? Will I be forced to help defend them by order of a fanged version of Preston Garvey?

- This is a bit out of my experience as I don't play the tabletop games, but I wonder if it's based on the world as it existed back in VTMB. Or will it be based on the most recent material?

But really, I wonder: will it be as charming as VTMB? The humor, the atmosphere, the overall quirkiness?

Final question: is it obvious that I need sleep?
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:24:07 AM »
Will I need to build a crappy shantytown out of materials I've scavenged from all over Seattle? Will I be tasked with establishing further vampire settlements? Will I be forced to help defend them by order of a fanged version of Preston Garvey?

You really need to stop playing Fallout 4 mate... Not good for you  :funup:

How many playable clans? Thinking about it...if I'm a Thin Blood, how important will a clan be, anyway? Will I even show clan traits, or will I just be a generic sorta-vampire? Ooh! Day Walker! Day Walker!

Well, that's a big question as -- as we already know -- thin-bloods are pretty much considered as crap among the vampire society.

I learned one thing about the game mechanics though from a keynote available on Youtube (from the Paradox page): apparently the blood you take from a person influence your character for a while after you drink it. For example, if your drink a politician (yeah, let's look at it that way, a new cocktail) your charisma and your ability to persuade others will increase. If you drink a soldier, combat prowess will be increased etc...

But really, I wonder: will it be as charming as VTMB? The humor, the atmosphere, the overall quirkiness?

That's the thing. And I think there will be no way to really know that before release.

Final question: is it obvious that I need sleep?

On a scale of one to ten, the answer is... 42.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 12:26:18 AM »
You really need to stop playing Fallout 4 mate... Not good for you  :funup:

No kidding...I have so many building mods installed that it takes 10 seconds to open workshop mode. :P

For example, if your drink a politician (yeah, let's look at it that way, a new cocktail) your charisma and your ability to persuade others will increase.

...and you pronounce "nuclear" as "noocyoolur" and tweet sheer lunacy and lose 30,000 e-mails and deny ever having HEARD of a place called Kenya and... Did I miss jabbing anyone?  ;D

But that is intriguing. I can see it now in the various walkthroughs: "Break into [politician's] campaign HQ, drain 'em, then talk to [NPC]."

Just thinking...Seattle...lunatic fringe vegans...wandering the streets, looking for carrots to drain. Like some sort of humanoid Bunnicula. Hand over the broccoli and nobody gets hurt!

Sleep is a geat idea at this point, but...42, eh? How many roads must a man walk down... :turnhappy:

At any rate, Paradox has a couple of pages dedicated to clans now. Thinbloods and Brujah. Interesting stuff.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 10:32:51 AM »
My second-favorite clan, the Tremere, has been revealed.

Make 'em pop like ticks, I say.  :vampire:

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 10:24:23 PM »
I'm waiting above all for the Malkavians... Because this where we'll have  a feel for the degree and quality of humor put into this new title...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 09:10:19 AM »
They might hold off on the Malks for a while to build anticipation; they are, after all, the best all-around clan. A purely subjective viewpoint, I admit...but it was the most fun to play in VTMB. (The general consensus for newbies was: play through first with a "normal" clan -- not the Nosferatu! -- to know how the dialog plays out, then run through again with a Malk for maximum enjoyment. Then, for the masochists, play a third time as a Nos.)

The clan reveals make me all the more interested in seeing how the character customization will work. And here I am thinking of how "pretty" I can make a Toreador, for example. I don't mean Skyrim-level obsession, where the idiot's traipsing through harsh terrain while decked out in stiletto heels and strategically-placed leather strips. No, I mean...well, when trying to apply a seduction-oriented persuasion check, it should be believable.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 01:24:10 PM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 12:59:16 AM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 12:59:00 AM »

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 10:00:23 AM »
It's amusing. Now that I think about it there's one clan I never played in VTMB and it was the... Brujah. Don't know why. I overplayed the Malks (my all time favorite), I enjoyed the Nosferatu despite the limitations, I liked the principles (the whole mysterious blood magic thing) behind the Tremere, seducing my way as a Toreador, and I even played one round as a Ventrue though obviously I'm not a big fan. The Brujah though? Never, not a a single time. You'd think it would be an obvious choice for a player (after all Jack is a Brujah... and the clan is the de facto "rebel" faction opposing the tyrant... but no, never appealed to me).

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 09:23:08 PM »
Funnily enough, I think I only tried the Brujah once, to test a new model/skin. Beyond that, nope. Each clan had its hook (even the Ventrue; Dominate was a lot of fun), but I guess the Brujah was just...boring. Nothing special.

Oh, and...Malkavian!  :ss-ymca