Author Topic: Blood: Fresh Supply  (Read 59 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Blood: Fresh Supply
« on: May 10, 2019, 09:23:28 AM »
Nightdive Studios has done it: they've remastered Blood so that it's easier and prettier (so to speak) to play on modern systems. To quote GOG's news:

Blood: Fresh Supply is now available DRM-free. If you own the original Blood: One Unit Whole Blood, you can get the remaster 5 USD cheaper (the final discount is 5 USD equivalent, and may vary depending on your region and price in local currency). Offer is valid until June 9th, 3pm UTC.

Battle an army of sycophantic cultists, zombies, gargoyles, hellhounds, and an insatiable host of horrors in your quest to defeat the evil Tchernobog. Squirm through 42 loathsome levels filled with more atmosphere than a Lovecraftian mausoleum. Begin your journey armed with a simple pitchfork and earn more effective implements of destruction like aerosol cans, flare guns, voodoo dolls and more!

Original Blood: One Unit Whole Blood from now on will be available as a free bonus with Blood: Fresh Supply.

The store page.

I got mine discounted, of course.  ;D

I wonder if they're going to give Blood 2 the same treatment...it needs love, too.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

Re: Blood: Fresh Supply
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 11:31:33 AM »
I just can't play the pixellated games anymore -- but a remake of Blood 2 would be interesting.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 07:43:19 AM »
Even though the controls and interface are dramatically improved, it just feels a bit off, somehow. The graphics are definitely a minus...pixels the size of matzo balls!

And Elder Scrolls: Arena? And Fallout 1? Big blotchy pixels and twitchy controls? Stomach roiling and head aching? I suppose it would be much more engrossing at 640x480 on a 14" monitor, all powered by a 386...but I just can't go back. I won't go back, Jim.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 07:24:26 AM »
I can still play games with subpar graphics but true, I have much more problems with anything before 95 unless it's something of which I was a personal fan at the time.

Because  the thing is, good graphics don't guarantee a good game.

With that being said and when I see all the "remasters" floating around I always find myself cringing "remastering Borderlands? Skyrim? what's the point? Why not go all the way back and remaster things that really need it... And by that I mean for example the original Thief games with today graphics but none of the gameplay changed. That would be remasters worth paying for... But sure it's far more easier to remaster a game 10 years old or even far less.

That reminds me that I'll have to check on the progress of the "true" remaster of the first System Shock. Because THAT was the promise of a true remaster.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein