Author Topic: Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries Of New York  (Read 47 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries Of New York
« on: November 23, 2019, 10:43:11 AM »
...whaaaaaaat??

Indeed. Just got the email this morning -- for once, being on a mailing list was actually useful -- and it's the same guys working on the Bloodlines 2 game. Well...they're both handled (published?) by Paradox Interactive, to be somewhat more precise. (This studio is Draw Distance, the other is Hardsuit Labs.) And they're both set in the World Of Darkness, so...there you go.

The Steam page.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs among the iconic landmarks and night lights of The Big Apple. It's a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in a rich, fully licensed, globally recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.

Coteries of New York will be available on PC (Windows, MAC OS, Linux) and Nintendo Switch. The game will launch on both platforms simultaneously. Other platforms, like PS4 and Xbox One, are not out of the question, but we're taking a "wait and see" approach.

Coteries of New York will be released in Q4 2019! We’ll unveil the final date when we’re closer to launch.

Specifically, December 4th 2019.  :ss-weird1  Yeah, I know. Wasn't expecting that. Or the whole thing, really.

My favorite part:

The game includes offensive language, violence, drug addiction references, alcohol depiction, black humor, blasphemy, characters with extreme opinions, critique of ideology and religion.

They left out exsanguination. "I knew they're vampires, but no one told me there'd be stuff about blood-drinkin' in there!"
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries Of New York
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 01:04:28 PM »
I reserve my judgement. Apparently the gameplay is more akin to a visual novel than to what we're accustomed to. Plus "Coteries of New York"? Well it will be interesting to see how they handle the situation (considering that Bloodlines was set in New-York so possibly most people familiar with the series will have some expectations).

They left out exsanguination. "I knew they're vampires, but no one told me there'd be stuff about blood-drinkin' in there!"

I think it's implied between "Violence", "Drug addiction references" and "alcohol depiction"... wine/blood potato/patato, same difference :lol:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything