Author Topic: Random Crap 2020: The Gyre Of Self-Loathing  (Read 35 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Random Crap 2020: The Gyre Of Self-Loathing
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:02:08 PM »
I find it funny that the world has now seen fit to impose upon itself the very philosophy of social interaction that I have been following faithfully all these years (i.e., "stay the hell away from me you plague-spewing snot fountain"). But not until they start referring to social media as "intellectual cancer" that I will dare to believe in hope again.

By the way, if anyone is running short on toilet paper, take the advice that we've been given since time immemorial: support your local library. Experts have confirmed that just a single selection from the works of Stephen King will last a family of four about a week. And, what could be more appropriate, after wiping your ass with the pages of The Institute, than boxing up all those used pages and sending them directly to Mr. King with a thoughtful little note of thanks? ("Dear Steve...this is what I think of your stupid book. You used to be better than this, you hack. Love, a fan.")

Well. Back to being a werewolf in Skyrim.

Speaking of hairy beasts, did you ever think you'd miss the 24/7 news coverage of the Kardashians?
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Random Crap 2020: The Gyre Of Self-Loathing
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 06:07:15 AM »
Just saw an article headline: "Ohio Orders Abortion Clinics to Halt Abortions, Save Medical Supplies during Pandemic"

Related news: there's been a run on wire hangers in Ohio.

There's a show you probably won't see on the DIY network ("...now take your pliers and untwist the wire from the neck of the hanger, and straighten the crimps..."), although it might make it to TLC ("next up after My 90lb Tumor: the world premiere of Womb Piñata").

Endless possibilities for entertainment. For example, I recently reactivated my Netflix account. Why? The Witcher. Oh, and I'm preparing to get rid of Cox -- greedy blood-suckers -- so I'm getting used to streaming services. By way of example, a couple of my uncles have really nice cord-free setups that appeal to someone (me) who's sick of paying way too much just for middlingly-fast internet and a bunch of channels that he doesn't watch. I watch perhaps three or four cable channels, and even then perhaps one or two shows each. The rest of what I usually watch is on regular TV. So I have an antenna...

Anyway, The Witcher is better than I'd hoped, so four episodes in I've already gotten my money's worth. (Then again, the first month's free, so...never mind. I'm not going to unravel that at 5 in the morning.) It's not a thing like Game of Thrones, which is my favorite feature; every time I watched GoT, I always felt vaguely sick to my stomach.

Okay, enough words. Now for pics.

I mentioned that I'm screwing around with Skyrim again...I'm in the process of preparing to convert my race mod to SE, so I'm kind of just having one last hurrah in Oldrim before I commit myself (...all I have to do is sign these papers and that pretty white straightjacket is mine, all mine!) to what could possibly be one of the more disappointing endeavors I've ever undertaken. Or it could possibly be the best. Who knows? Who cares?

Anyway. Upon reviewing how my character's evolved through appearance changes once I got a handle on her personality, I found it a bit odd that I went from this:

to this:

but it makes sense as, yes, she's...

...a white-furred werewolf with glowing green eyes. I've been using Moonlight Tales (plus other complimentary werewolf mods) for a while now, only to find out that the guy updated it extensively...and I'll probably mess up all my progress if I try to change anything...although I think it's possible, as she's not actually a Companion. No strings attached, anyway. Enh, it's something to try out when I'm tired of staring at TV.

Also, great strides have been made in hairstyles since I'd last played (April of last year), so now I have LOADS of even more indecision! (Would you just PICK one!?! PLEASE.) But my Xiudan race has never looked lovelier!

...uh...she doesn't look happy, does she?

Better, but I suspect that she isn't going to be happy with anything.

Okay, it's about 6 in the morning. I haven't even touched on the fact that I'm listening to a lot of Blue Öyster Cult and reading the Kindle version of Armando Gallo's Genesis: I Know What I Like, but some things I should probably keep to myself.
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Random Crap 2020: The Gyre Of Self-Loathing
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 12:02:53 PM »
Toilet paper: well let me assure you it's not only an American thing. I don't know why but seriously our "civilized" countries seem to consider toilet paper as the ultimate survival tool of humanity. What about the good old leaves people? What's wrong with that? Think our ancestors had the luxury of paper specially conceived to take care of their asses? One thing is sure, once the whole pandemic thing is over people won't buy paper for a good long while with all the stock they'll have.

Maybe I'll take Netflix free month too. That is after I finish watching Elementary, and playing stuff, and finish writing the reviews that are still in the pipe...

Better, but I suspect that she isn't going to be happy with anything.

It's the brows dude... they're evil  :lol:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein