Author Topic: What do you mean I'm late??  (Read 5903 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: What do you mean I'm late??
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 05:59:06 AM »
But I have to wonder, how would you classify something like the upcoming Assassin's Creed?

Not sure yet. I saw the E3 trailer but without the actual game it's hard to tell. And since the game is only planned for a release on PS3 (the reason why I didn't write any article about it on the site) it could be a long time before I have a chance to even play a demo. From the trailer the guy wears no disguise and apparently his one force is that no one seems to know what he will do before he actually does it. Then he runs like hell and hide in the population. Hard to categorize this in stealth or even in sneak. But then, it's just a trailer. I'd really need to see at least an actual game footage to make my mind.

It's always easier to hate than to love and some game companies do really like to make it even easier for us.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 08:58:17 AM »
Oh?  The man still has to make a living, you know...  >:D  Way I've always interpreted it, through the act of thieving Garrett will keep tabs on the balance in the City, and then take what steps are necessary from time to time to correct it.  By training an apprentice, he ensures that the balance will be upheld after his passing, and by sticking with just one "keeper" (using the term in a different sense) he avoids the pitfalls of such an organization.

So you think he's going to play referee, or perhaps "judge" would be a better term, in world events? That kind of goes totally against everything Garrett stood for -- he never wanted that type of responsibility. With the dawn rising, I saw it as Garrett's reformation, his banishment of the secrets that gave the Keepers unknown sway in the City. But, yes, he apparently wants to train an apprentice -- for what, we may never know. That's the beauty of being able to make up our own personal endings to the story.  ;D

RE: Assassin's Creed, we still haven't seen what gameplay will be like -- only a manufactured trailer. Until we see what onscreen truly looks like, it will be difficult to know....

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 05:29:42 PM »
Until we see what onscreen truly looks like, it will be difficult to know....

Well then...  ;)

Hard to categorize this in stealth or even in sneak.

Apparently, the developers are calling it "social stealth."
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 08:55:55 PM »
Okay...that screen pretty much kicks Oblivion to the curb.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.