Author Topic: Gloomwood  (Read 63 times)

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
Gloomwood
« on: August 20, 2020, 10:35:25 PM »
Okay, so how did I not hear about Gloomwood until now?  Looks like the closest thing to a genuine Thief successor we've seen.  Doesn't guarantee it'll be good, but it certainly has my attention.

Incidentally, I'm still around.  I know I haven't posted in awhile, but it's not actually a result of the pandemic.  My job's just taken a turn for the worse and I've been working all the damn time.
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Gloomwood
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 07:33:21 AM »
Welcome back  ;)

I would need more than just this trailer to make my mind. It suspiciously looks like Thief up to the textures and design that seems right from The Metal Age. Although "boomsticks" are definitely not the preferred tools of thieves.

The general graphic quality is... well in 2000 it would have been top. Then again, maybe the gameplay and story make up for it. We'll see.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Gloomwood
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 08:49:20 AM »
There's a demo available on Steam apparently. And no I didn't play it... yet, so I can't give an opinion.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein