Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2021, 10:00:14 AM »
On a side note: the "reward" katana sucks. I picked up a machete in a random street fight and it has far better stats than this thing.

I don't know what reward katana you speak about (there are several) but if it's Black Unicorn (the one you have because you also own The Witcher 3) it is the best in the game. Problem is, you have to upgrade it to Legendary to unlock it's full potential. Most Iconic weapons are crap when you get them because they are basic level and so you can easily find other non iconic weapons that will definitely be much better than a basic iconic of the same category. Fully upgraded, Black Unicorn is 2,667 DPS (plus random non physical damage)

Of course one needs to have the appropriate perks to upgrade it fully, which requires also a 18 level in technical (and that apply to all iconic weapons) and that is the reason why non technical characters generally just go with weapons they find rather than iconic ones because they can't turn iconic into legendary.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2021, 02:43:50 AM »
Ohhhh...okay. So that's why. Seems a lot to go through, doesn't it? I mean, I have roughly eighty-six billion things to spend points on, but only a smattering of points to do so. It seems like I should spend them on bettering various aspects of my persona, but okay game, by all means, I'll just spend them all on improving my ability to craft crap.

I don't think RPG devs will be happy until players are sitting there with their VR headsets on, "sewing" a pair of pants. ::)

Anyway. Sorry, yes. I meant the Black Unicorn...I couldn't remember the name, so it was just "that...that...black katana...thing."

I'll look into this crafting thing further. Really, what else am I gonna do with my day?

It's been a weird week for me. Don't know why, can't really point to a good reason...so I'm not even gonna try. However, I did manage to extract SOMETHING out of this bizarre funk, and that thing is: Captain Haddock V!

Ten Thousand Thundering Typhoons!

I know it isn't 100%...or even 75%...accurate, but it's close enough for a visual joke. But I think this is something that needs to be done. Not by me, of course, as I got lost in my shirt a couple days ago. But it's something the world needs right now. Naked V? Daft Punk license plates? XXX vending machine art? No thank you. I'd like to see every single bit of V's dialog replaced by a Captain Haddock-themed experience.

Imagine: instead of engaging in a spot of boring base profanity every other line, V flies into a towering rage, peppering it with the Captain's trademark take on the language. For example:

BEFORE
V: What the [BLEEP], Dex?!?

AFTER
V: BILLIONS OF BILIOUS BLISTERING BLUE BARNACLES!

...or even...

BEFORE
V: [BLEEP] you, you [BLEEPING] [BLEEP]-wipe!

AFTER
V: Bashi-bazouk! Pithecanthropus! Coelacanth! Purple profiteering jellyfish!

And so on. Think of it: a character with a creative reaction to external stimuli!

[For an interestingly alphabetical list, see Captain Haddock’s curses, insults and exclamations.]

But thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the whole concept will be lost on most people. After all, why should my character come up with a novel way of expressing himself when cussin' is so much easier?

Plus, I doubt anyone's going to take the time to implement a captain's hat in the game, much less a blue turtleneck with a little anchor on the chest. So until that shining, glorious day, I guess it's back to being a lesbian short order cook at the Budget Wok. (Well...that's what she looks like, anyway. Maybe I should go back to the long hair.)
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2021, 03:38:10 AM »
RPG pet-peeve: level requirements for clothing (not to mention weapons, etc. as well). Need to be level 9 to wear a random pair of pants, level 16 to wear a random pair of sunglasses...

I'm a much different person at level 16 than I was at level 8. Now I feel I am worthy to wear this ridiculously tacky pair of glasses. Also, I can wear these pants now. For I am the Chosen One.

I felt a bit silly walking around like a fashion victim, but I realized that just about every random NPC in this game is dressed in the same piecemeal style. It's like the entire population was forced by roving gangs of colorblind sadists to wear the gaudiest crap they could find.

Or the devs based the citizens' fashion sense on their first time seeing the average Walmart shopper. Welcome to America, ladies and gentlemen. Try not to laugh and/or cry.

Anyway.

Today I bought a car -- the Galena -- which seemed a better deal for the money than the tiny bubble car; spent the day tracking down the tarot murals. I thought it'd be a good way to see the game world.

In my Grand Tour I was jumped by some Arasaka bad guys who moved really fast, blew up my car, and took forever to kill. One guy got hung upside down on a metal barrier and was yelling taunts even after I killed him. One was a woman, armed with a katana; she got stuck on a concrete barrier and was immobilized until she had a tiny bit of health, then she began moving...I used a LOT of shotgun shells on these idiots.

Thankfully, my car blowing up didn't really matter, as I was able to summon another in perfect condition. ::)

And that was my day in Cyberpunk. And V's pants look stupid. I'll post a pic later, as I have to get some rest...tomorrow's a big day! First, I gotta wake up (ugh), gas up the car (rising gas prices? yay! thanks, President Kid-Sniffer!), deposit my stimulus check (thanks for the pittance, you cheap motherfuckers!), and then come home for a six hour nap. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2021, 12:48:54 PM »
See!?! STUPID PANTS!

And I had to be level 9 just to be able to wear them.

Went to talk to someone at Clouds about Evelyn. Things went very, very wrong. A lot of bodies. The receptionist told me, on my way out, that she was required to return my weapons, even though she'd prefer not to. Apparently, the Tyger Claws aren't too happy with me, either. Why is it so hard for me to make friends?

Think I'll either replay the section to try a more diplomatic approach, or just accept the consequences and do a few side jobs before moving on.

There is a third option: lunch. Lunch ALWAYS puts things into perspective.

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2021, 10:25:05 AM »
Another pet-peeve: stat requirements in main quest tasks. Things like needing a certain strength or tech level to open a door -- and here's a peeve-within-a-peeve -- that's otherwise the same as most of the other doors in the area. This one's special, however: it lets you circumvent the stereotypically tedious stealth-or-slaughter approach inflicted upon the player in this kind of game.

If your stats don't meet the requirements, you'll need to sneak-or-kill your way around the door. The door to the room with all the computers and stuff? Unlocked. The door to the "forbidden" area has a relatively low stat requirement, but might still pose a problem to those invested in things other than strength.

It's a bit odd, really. This is a relatively early-game mission, and yet...oh, well. I guess the idea is to do all of the side missions first, then tackle the MQ. I've just had it with these things. "You don't meet the requirements to progress in a logical manner! Fuck you, player! Now go do some fetch quests! HA!"

After that one, I did the Delamain quest line. Ran into GladOS. That was fun. Especially the trap, where one of my attackers got stuck in a non-functioning car and just sat there as I shot her way too many times with a shotgun through unbreakable glass...couldn't move onto the next step unless she was dead, see...and I was informed by the game, as I was trying to kill her, that I was doing some very illegal things and I needed to desist before the police took notice.

This game pisses me off.

So after that quest, I had finally built up enough cash to see what the ripperdoc could do for me. Instead of doing more side jobs, I thought I'd see what the deal was with this Rogue person Silverhand was anxious to see again.

15,000 bucks just to continue the MQ??

With my bank account in tatters, I drove to meet Panam, grimly hoping some random asshole tried to cross the street. No such luck. Thought about just plowing through the crowds on the sidewalk, but desisted, with great bitterness.

Stealth rarely goes well. I took out a bad guy quietly -- she was on the edge of the patrol area, no one around her -- and upon moving inside a building to get behind the others, the game informed me that someone had discovered the body and now everyone was on alert.

Really beginning to hate this game.

Managed to get through the resulting holocaust of bullets and met up with Panam later, delivering her stupid truck to her. Seriously, I couldn't see a damned thing driving it in 1st person. So the next step was to drive directly into the bad guys' lair and avenge her honor by killing the Man Who Done Her Wrong. They weren't armed with butter knives, and I didn't have a say in it (at least, I didn't think so at the time). So into the meat grinder, squirrel.

Why do I play these games? Why do I do this to myself?

Turns out you can convince her to stick to the original plan, but She Won't Be Happy About It and it probably won't help you romance her, but I couldn't care less about that nonsense at this point; I just want better pants.

Btw, when the game says that the easiest skill setting will never pose a challenge, I refer you to what Tom says.

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2021, 09:33:12 PM »
Ahhhhg. This game blows.

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2021, 01:51:07 AM »
...and I stand by that statement.

My pants have improved. Somewhat.

Kamikazi, the Disco Nazi

Okay, yes...that's actually a kabuto, and not a German helmet. But so what.

I'm not sure what this game wants from me. Blood, most likely. That find Hellman quest, with the gas station part? Blech. Either sneak or die almost instantly. Yay!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 02:19:05 AM by Silver Sorrow »

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2021, 01:42:21 PM »
For some reason, I've been following Panam's side quests. Not bad, really.

Took the opportunity to do a little shopping. I still look stupid, but at least it's a more intimidating stupid than before.

Taking it all in, I'd say that I was about to head back into town and pick up the late shift at the hottest Chinese-Tex Mex fusion spot in town, El Wok-amole.

PATRON: Uh...'scuze me, little lady? Is this that there "dim sum" they're talkin' about?
WAITRESS: No, sir. That is a napkin.
PATRON: Well, hell. Okay, now is this a dumplin' or an empanada?
WAITRESS: That is my sister, sir.
PATRON: Uh-huh. How much?
WAITRESS: How much you got, cowboy?

Oh, look. Low blood sugar. Another late lunch.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2021, 02:33:05 PM »
So the whole wardrobe thing... I seriously think that there's only one set of threads in the whole game that is worth wearing from a style point of view... Johnny's outfit. And yes, you can get it. And no not at once. Shoes are part of a gig for Rogue where you have to recover a Samurai's recording, pants are part of a gig for another fixer where you have to steal a Samurai's guitar, tee-shirt is awarded by Johnny's himself (you can't avoid it so I won't explain when), aviators come from another quest -- can't remember which -- and vest comes from a side-quest with Rogue (she gives it to you).

If you're not careful you can miss the pants but the other parts should be straight forward as long as you stumble on the right gigs.  All of Johnny's clothes are iconic and can be upgraded to legendary.

I think that's the reason why CD Projekt managed to make 90% the other clothing look like crap. of course if you don't like what Johnny's wearing, you're out of luck.

And then there's Johnny's Porsche and gun (yep the same as in Johnny's memory sequences) that you can recover in a single side quest.

15,000 bucks just to continue the MQ??

On the other hand it's cheap change as you progress through the game... considering that the most expensive car is 225,000. Money is easy enough to come by. The higher tier gigs often bring between over 5,000 up to 15,000. Hacking hotspots bring between 1,200 to 3,000 depending on the hotspot level. If you're good at hacking you can sometime make more money hacking during a gig than the gig itself will bring you.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2021, 12:03:57 PM »
For a game that owes so much to The Matrix (and Bladerunner, et al), they sure don't like the player to look cool. Of course, the target audience is doing well if all the stains on their superhero shirt/sweatpants ensemble match, so there's that.  :lol:

It's funny, though: Johnny's a terrorist who (allegedly) killed thousands of people, but hey...it's Keanu Reeves, so that's okay!

(I remember someone saying that the only reason he was in The Matrix is that he looks good in a trenchcoat. Sheer jealousy, I say.)

But I'll keep a lookout for those clothes, because...well, they're better than what I'm about to illustrate. I call it: "V Is For [Fashion] Victim."

As you can see, instead of being inspired by the sleek black borderline bondage gear leather outfits of The Matrix, our dear Polish developers chose to delve into Elton John's wardrobe. I'm just glad they didn't raid Liberace's closet.

First up, we have thigh-high steel-toed wellies with tiger-print pants, a red cut-off tank top, and a jacket designed to hide in a banana tree. Aviators complete this travesty.
If you think THIS is bad...just wait.

Next, our V sports a Japanese-style blouse in an unfortunate color combination; her puce pants and weird boots are made especially hideous by a red hijab and wraparound shades.
It's sad that the game allows this sort of thing to happen.

And here we have V modeling an outfit whose colors have been confirmed to cause cancer in lab rats.
Pedestrians avert their eyes when I pass by, lest they suffer severe retinal burns.

Next, I...I can't. I just can't. This makes me want to puke myself inside out.
Now go pick them thar taters, ya corn-shuckin' moron!

Finally, here V is going on a trip to the mall. In the 1980's.
I'm going to walk like an Egyptian...right in front of a bus.

And don't misunderstand me: I didn't just pick these things up and model them in an effort to point out how ridiculous they are...these are actual armored clothing items that I found and/or bought. Because they are armor. It's no wonder there are so many clothing mods on the Nexus...

Also: since I'm always stumbling into a hail of bullets, I decided that my arm replacements should be those missile launcher thingies. Cool, right? Yeah. Just don't use them at point-blank range. Learned THAT the hard way. ::)

Money: true. Since investing in side jobs, my finances have improved somewhat; I picked up a ton of cash on one of Wakako's easiest jobs, so hooray for hotspots!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 03:41:19 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 01:08:32 PM »
The problem with battery backups: eventually they need to be replaced. Still, five years' use out of a battery warrantied for only three? Unbelievable. So...replacement time. So now all I have to do is wait and hope that the weather remains nice for the next 3 to 5 business days. ::)

Diving back in, I seem to be making some sort of headway fashion-wise.
An all-American bullet-headed Saxon mother's son daughter.

Not too bad, really. Or perhaps I'm suffering from a kind of Stockholm Syndrome.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.
I've lost control of my shower cap and it's taken over my life.

Pretty good. Now I need to install that hide hat mod...it's a balaclava (sp?), but it looks like I'm about to dive off the Calypso in search of the Great White Shark.

Noooooooooo.
FYI, Oklahoma tastes like bitter failure and red dirt, wrapped in barbed wire.

Uh-uh. You don't want it.

I can't believe this wasn't a driveable vehicle.
BALLS TO THE WALLS, BOYS!

Oh, well. Maybe in a DLC. Along with a riding lawnmower too, I hope.

Speaking of cool cars...
I am Batman-adjacent!

An easter egg, I guess. Found this one in the Raffen hideout with Nash. I think you have to wait something like 48 to 72 hours after the associated mission before it shows up. The problem is, I have trouble seeing out of the damned thing, cool as the interior is, so I have to switch to the 3rd person camera. (Same thing with some of the other cars and motorcycles.) Worse, driving in daytime makes the glossy black dash turn bright white, making it so much fun that I uttered several colorful metaphors.

What else? I've taken a break from hunting down cyberpsychos, as the remaining possible locations are marked as being "very high" in danger...and despite being at level 25 21 right now, I know this game does not screw around when it says something is dangerous.

[EDIT: I was level 21. 21. Why I said 25 is beyond me. Also WAY beyond me is why I think it's important to correct the mistake.  :P]

Oh, and I fixed and rode a rollercoaster.

Hang on, pizza's here. Later.

EDIT: I'm back. Note to self: never ever have them put bacon on the pizza again. It never goes well.

Anyway, I was thinking about visiting the nearby ferris wheel -- save it! -- but when I got close enough I was notified that it was some bad guy's camp, and I didn't want to deal with that at the moment. Maybe later.

So today I was on my way to Jig-Jig street in order to progress a bit in the MQ -- my reasons for going did NOT include buying a dildo bandolier, but hey...impulse buying, you know? -- and I totally forgot where I was going with thi--oh, wait. I remember: on my way there, I passed this gigantic statue.

Wait.

What I meant to say was that I passed BY this gigantic statue. I didn't...you know...PASS it. Uh...never mind.

Me, glorious me.

Right now I'm about to sneak into a warehouse with Judy in my ear...for some reason. Oh, right: we're looking for Evelyn? I think. It's been so long since I've dealt with the MQ that I've forgotten most of the story already, along with most of the characters. Plus, I'm really bad with foreign names, so whenever a Japanese name shows up in dialog I just sit there for a long moment, trying to remember who the hell they are and why the hell I should care.

This may come as no surprise, but I've just returned from a five-minute staring-into-space vacation, where I tried to relocate The Wizard of Oz to Japan. "Toto, I don't think we're in Osaka anymore!"

I'll admit, it has zero potential.

In case anyone was wondering, there were no mushrooms on that pizza.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 09:26:59 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2021, 09:41:26 PM »
these are actual armored clothing items that I found and/or bought

Sadly I can attest to that. It's sad really... The fashion sense here is most of the time completely absent.

It's funny, though: Johnny's a terrorist who (allegedly) killed thousands of people, but hey...it's Keanu Reeves, so that's okay!

As in a lot of things, it's a matter of point of view. During WWII German called members of the resistance "terroristen". For the allied they were "freedom fighters". Myself I label terrorist anyone willing to kill unarmed civilians (and most likely taking pleasure in it). Johnny is in a grey area. Sure he killed civilians but at the same time he warned them to evacuate the place before placing the bomb. he wanted to level the building not necessarily kill people (beside Arasaka guards). Terrorists tend to do their thing without warning anyone, it's easier to kill unarmed people this way.

An easter egg, I guess.

Don't know actually. It's a Caliburn. This one is free, another one is not and there is a third one that you can drive for a gig but that you can't keep. Only thing changing is the color scheme. This one is black, the not free one is silver grey and the special one is silver grey/red.

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »
The fashion sense here is most of the time completely absent.

They try to sell this schizo-fashion as "kitsch," but I'm not buying. If there was a theme I was aiming for, an ideal set, perhaps...then maybe the ordeal would have been worthwhile. But apart from Johnny's set, I don't really see that.

I remember slogging through Morrowind with mismatched pauldrons, hoping someday for an entire Daedric set...okay, possibly a bad example, since you never got full Daedric without either the expansions or a mod...but at least it was a goal. I guess the idea here is to ignore whatever dumbass goofball crap the game throws at you and instead focus on what's important: scissoring some random Japanese joytoy you picked up on Jig-Jig street.

As for Johnny, I have to agree; it's easy to label him a "terrorist" (which I'm sure was Arasaka's spin on the whole thing), but I did take note that he tried to warn people. He had his reasons for what he did, and I won't say he was right, but he had reasons that weren't all that ignoble.

The Caliburn is awesome...sort of. The handling is awful, but not as bad as the Quadra Avenger; that one steers like a brick on ice.

(I used the Caliburn on the final race in Claire's quest line; I could keep up with Sampson easily, but the thing was sort of on fire by the time it was over. Claire's truck was perfect for the other races, though.)

And the handling of most cars are awful, really. The 1.2 patch was supposed to add a sensitivity slider for that, but thanks to a bunch of dipshits, that's been delayed. ::)

Anyway, I've seen a couple in traffic here and there, but they don't look as good as mine. So I probably won't be buying the one for sale. Just hope the patch helps me deal with the steering overcompensation problems I have...mouse and keyboard, you know?

A TYPICAL OUTING: scooch a bit to the left...oop, no, tap the key, TAP it...oh...noooo...right! Left! Right! SHIT! Ten pedestrians launched into orbit, my god what have I done...how many stars? MaxTac?!? Nooooooooo...

And that's just on a straightaway. Corners are a goddamn nightmare.

I have trouble with seeing where I'm going in 1st person, so I tend to switch to 3rd person. And then the camera seems to want to snap back to a specific angle, so THAT'S a lot of fun...finding a good spot, camera resets, finding the right spot again, camera resets...it's neverending.

I've been having better luck with Scorpion's Apollo in 1st person. After finally convincing myself this isn't GTA and I wasn't going to be launched into eternity by a head-on meet-n-greet with a semi, it's not so bad.

Still, I'm trying out the ones I can afford. The Hella (default car) and Galena are pretty good for my sensibilities. I'm enjoying the Ragnar right now. The Quadra is a slippery thing, though...

Well, some more fashion crap...but it seems I'm not doing so bad now:

Now endorsing Dykes On Bikes.

But then I wandered over to the Saeko shop in Japantown...
No comment.

I forgot to disable the hide helmets mod, so you can't tell that I'm wearing a coolie hat. I'll try to get a pic of THAT.

V's original clothes actually scale with the player, so her pants -- seen here -- remain viable. This makes me happy, for some reason.

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2021, 02:28:11 AM »
The coolie hat, as promised:
There's a point to this, in a way.

Back to hiding helmets.

I grew hair.

There's a mod here...it recolors the well-worn trench coat (I didn't name it, so don't blame ME) to something less garish. That's the one you loot from Placide, btw.

Finished the Cyberpsycho quest line. Some of them were...difficult.

On a somewhat related note, the game makes a point of trying to get you to invest in a non-lethal weapon mod or cyberwear in order to avoid killing, in some cases (the cyberpsycho quests, for example). Cheap alternative: aim for the legs. (Or the arms, if you want to be fancy.)

Fun time: there's a side job where Judy wants you with her when she talks to some woman whose help she wants in taking Clouds from the Tyger Claws...at least, that's what I *think* was going on. I tend to zone out when things more complicated than kill/fetch is involved. Anyway, you're supposed to meet Judy on a terrace near Clouds. This meant I had to climb a ladder, hop over this and that, and so on. We talk (seemingly with no result) to Whatsername-sama, and leave. I'm supposed to follow Judy.

Well. While talking, we scramble over a low wall, mantle up onto a platform, and then Judy climbs down a ladder. I follow. The ladder doesn't want me to use it, so resets me at the top. I try again...and plummet to my death. The fun part is that I'm conversing in a normal tone of voice as I'm falling, only interrupted by my gruesome demise.

The second attempt went almost the same (the ladder glitched), except I didn't try to finagle my way down the ladder this time. I just hopped (carefully; there were no safety rails!) to the catwalk below.

Not really remarkable, just something that happened today.

What I do find remarkable is that the slang in Johnny's memory of 2013 and the slang in 2077 are pretty much the same. After 64 years! I guess they didn't want to invent two different styles of slang. But let's say you're someone from 1987 looking at the memories of someone from 1923...see what I mean? Language changes. Not drastically, really. But the tone and...oh, whatever. I'm tired of thinking about it. Twenty-three skidoo, chickadees.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2021, 07:15:51 PM »
The coolie hat, as promised:

Well, at least if you intend to go to Chinatown pretending to be incognito, that could work... on the other hand there's no Chinatown in Cyberpunk, only a Japantown... last time I check, coolie hats weren't at the top of the Japanese fashion  :lol: China, Vietnam... maybe Laos, Cambodia (not sure about those two and coolie hats)?

I didn't name it, so don't blame ME

I feel compelled to intervene here because each time I find one of those things, it rattle my nerves. So... Bogart wore a trench coat, British military officers wear trench coats (I believe the term was coined during WWI -- at least that would explain the "trench" though I didn't check), Valentine (Fallout 4) wears a badly mangled trench coat (but at least it *is* a trench coat). What CDPR calls a "trench" coat to me is a badly cut trash bag -- especially because the vanilla version is all shiny like plastic).

There, rant over... feeling better  :flamethrower: I'm not the kind of guy putting that big of a value in fashion, but some aberrations needs to be rectified. This is such an aberration.

That's the one you loot from Placide, btw.

Of, sooo, you sided with Netwatch? Only way to get it. :purplelaugh: I don't blame you.

What I do find remarkable is that the slang in Johnny's memory of 2013 and the slang in 2077 are pretty much the same. After 64 years!

You know this kind of language where you reverse a word syllables. We call it Verlant in French, that would be Severre in English, unless you're using another word for it. Anyway, that's supposed to be a "clever" way for youngsters to try to conceal what they are saying from adults. The other day one of the said youngsters tried to used it on me then I pointed out that my father already used it when he was a teenager... 75 years ago.

But true, slang is a bit more volatile than just putting syllables in reverse. Although some words that can be assimilated with slang seems truly to be eternal. After all the first recorded usage of fuck (and yes, I can say it, at least in the US. American justices say that the usage of the word Fuck is protected by the 1st and 14th amendment(*)) dates back to the 15th century (although nobody knows what the heck it was suppose to exactly mean back then).

(*)I'm not a specialist of the American constitution by any means but if I understand well, the 1st amendment allows you to use the word and the 14th prevents other people from preventing you to use the word, even if they don't like it because it is protected by the 1st.

A dozen years ago there was a beer brewer in Germany that wanted to brew a light beer called "Fucking Hell". Of course the European Commission tried to prevent them from marketing such a scandal, until they were forced to abdicate when the German brewer explained that a) Fucking is the perfectly legitimate name of an Austrian town (true story) and b) hell is the German term designating a light beer. What do you want to answer to that? That story always crack me up  :lol: And to this day I wonder if GPS map designers quietly erase some towns from their maps because they are not politically correct :realconfused:

But I digress.