Author Topic: New Missions...Taffer!  (Read 101548 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: New Missions...Taffer!
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2006, 12:36:23 AM »
Oh, Jeebus. Run away. Elevator Mission (6.5mb) by JIS has been re-released. Still for Thief 1/Gold. Still -- I'm sure -- completely batshit.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2006, 01:14:36 AM »
Welcome to the twilight hour of awareness. I'm Silver Sorrow, running on empty. (Paging Mr. Browne, Mr. Jackson Browne. Your car is on fire.)

Something different for you this REALLY early morning: a new Thief 3 mission.

Evicted (61mb) by Nomad.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 11:13:44 PM »
Uh...if you haven't downloaded Evicted yet, wait until there's a new version out. It has some serious problems that BETA TESTING would have solved.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »
...aaaaaaaand another new one for T2. Annihilated (9.3mb) by the ever-inventive Sluggs.

EDIT: A new version's been released. Same link, new file.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 05:58:33 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline John D.

• Professional Troll Killer
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 08:24:30 AM »
That was a nice mini-mission by Sluggs! ;D
KILL EM ALL!!

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 10:55:58 PM »
That it was! The patrols were just tight enough to make it a nervous experience, but still fun...and then when I finally got that footlocker key...  :purplelaugh:   :flamethrower:

~`~`~`~`~`~

For tonight's happy thieving pleasure, I give you (courtesy of Cheap Thief Missions, of course) two T2 FMs:

Dracula part 1: The Love Thief (42.7mb) by Szabó Csaba.

Heretics and Pagans (6.8mb) by Spoonman.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2006, 08:00:28 AM »
They're comin' outta the international woodwork.

Thief 2 - The Dream of Tyrus (3.8mb) by Turi Robert. It may be of more than passing interest to note that I've never felt compelled to finish one of his other missions.

Thief 3 - The Crypt (47.9mb) by Norbert Navratil. English and Italian language support. This was a Contest 6 mission, and apparently it's been updated to v1.1.

[By the way, he should really change his name to "Robert". "Robert Navratil" sounds more pirate-y.]

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 08:58:26 AM »
A short mini-review pause:

Heretics and Pagans: the much-better sequel to Broken Hammers. I didn't even finish Broken Hammers, but I liked H&P.

Dracula Part 1: a unique experience; not too tough if you're patient.

Annihilated: A nice sneak-past-the-zombies romp. Fun.

The Dream of Tyrus: Didn't finish it. In fact, I've never finished ANY of this guy's missions. I don't know if it's the level design, the bizarre attempt at English, or what...

`~`~`~`~`~`~

Another T2 mission. And it's not Hungarian with tortured pseudo-English to confuse and frustrate you. Happy day!

The Good Samaritan (19.2mb) by sluggs.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 09:56:13 AM »
Looks like sluggs is in a productive mood these days  :lol:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 10:10:19 PM »
No kidding...and the quality of his work's improved greatly since his first mission I played (which I didn't like). I think the Good Samaritan was released a couple of weeks ago, but it's only made its way to Thiefmissions recently. I'm not sure. From what I gather, it's supposed to be more or less freeform in structure...I'll give it a run-through when I get the chance. :)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2006, 05:09:17 AM »
The read me is intriguing. The three difficulty settings particularly are rather interesting. I don't have tiime to play right know because I have to deal with a depressive server (I can't help but put this one wherever I can  :turnhappy: ) but I will give it a shot as soon as I can.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline John D.

• Professional Troll Killer
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 07:34:51 AM »
I loved Dracula pt 1, had a good movie feel!   :cooldevil:
KILL EM ALL!!

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 09:34:34 AM »
>Looking at editing tools above< I wonder what THIS button d-- ...whoops. Okay, now how do I turn this thing off?? Ah. Better. Uh-oh. What is the deal with me and buttons, anyway??? Just can't leave well enough alone, can I? This is getting ridiculous. I mean it has NOTHING to do with THIEF! Ah. Okay. It's stopped now. What a relief! Oh, nooooooooo...
Dracula Part 1 has been updated to version 2. Who knew it needed improvement? I thought it was great as it was.  :lol:

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 09:49:39 AM »
Silver, at the risk of repeating myself....you ARE a nut!!! :lol:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 01:27:07 PM »
I'm a Jordan Almond, specifically.  ;D

Here's something totally bizarre: Christine, she of the massive mission packs, has converted one of her missions to SS2. What was once Bloody Ruins is now Shocking Ruins (26.3mb). Too bad SS2 won't run for me currently, otherwise I'd check it out.

Note to self: instead of waiting miserably for Oblivion to hit the shelves, reinstall HL2 and see if I can get SS2 working. That'll keep me busy...wait. First, I gotta delete a bunch of crap.

everything