Author Topic: New Missions...Taffer!  (Read 85198 times)

Offline SlyFoxx

Re: New Missions...Taffer!
« Reply #675 on: February 23, 2017, 07:17:27 AM »
Ahh yes...Starfox with the rebound!  I've never steamed or GOGed...I just know they exist.

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
« Reply #676 on: February 23, 2017, 09:15:47 AM »
The beauty of it is that you can have both TDP and TG

Ehhh... now we're getting into my OCD.  I can't justify having multiple versions of the same game, and it's hard to imagine there are enough great TG FMs to make up for its OM shortcomings.

I've never steamed or GOGed...

Okay, let's pivot away from my quirkiness for a second to focus on yours.  Really?  Never?  Granted, I haven't used GOG either, but I was under the impression that Steam was pretty much ubiquitous these days. 
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline SlyFoxx

« Reply #677 on: February 23, 2017, 10:12:27 AM »
I just don't really play many other games.  I did the first few splinter cell games...they were ok but 3rd person makes me a bit nuts.  From long ago "Return to Castle Wolfienstien" was pretty good.  For a silly diversion I did some of  the Need For Speed games many years ago.  Between playing Thief FM's, building them and doing voice acting for them, I pretty much get my gaming fix.  Oh yes...I loved the first 2 Zelda games from way way back.  I still fire up my SNES and Zelda for a few hours every year or so.  It just hard now to play after getting so used to quick saves.  I also did the Doom that they did the dark mod with but only because way back when you had to have it, so I figured I'd give it a go.  Lordy Lord it was cheesy but I could see right away if modified how it would work well for a thief like stealth game.

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
« Reply #678 on: February 23, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »
Understandable.  I tend to assume most Thief fans would be into the Immersive Sim genre as a whole, but to each their own.

Speaking of Mark Brown (author of the above video), and seeing as you mentioned both Zelda and level design, you might be interested in not only his latest piece
(an analysis of what made the original Legend of Zelda great) but also his ongoing series breaking down each Zelda game's dungeon design.
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Online Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #679 on: February 26, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »
But you see, there's a problem--I don't like Thief Gold.  The new missions remind me of The Metal Age's style of mission design, which I don't care for as much as The Dark Project's.

I tend to disagree... The new missions in TG are far worse than TMA's  :lol: Except maybe the one with the mages (title escapes me right now) that is more in line with TDP quality and atmosphere. The Guilds is especially awful.

However, when I replay TG (which I do from time to time mostly for the TDP missions) I just skip the missions I don't like... Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End (during a mission)

It's always easier to hate than to love and some game companies do really like to make it even easier for us.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
« Reply #680 on: August 13, 2017, 07:50:21 PM »
What in the name of...?

Christine has a new mission pack out! Raven Creek (~296mb).

3 missions, first Mission is an intro mission. Languages are German, English, French and russian.

...also...

Please note:
- you Need NewDark 1.25
- if you use FMsel activate "convert ogg to wav"
- read your diary in your inventory

I don't keep up with FMs like I used to, but this seemed important. :lol:
But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart.