Author Topic: Starfield  (Read 66 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Starfield
« on: June 16, 2021, 03:06:45 PM »
I don't really like the name, but what can you do...

...ANYWAY, there's been an actual trailer released. And there's even a release date, if you can believe it. I don't, not entirely, but they did make good on 11-11-11 for Skyrim...and Todd Howard even called it "Skyrim in space," so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The date, by the way, is 11-11-22. This neatly sidesteps the ongoing war between Americans and Europeans over the month-day-year (USA) versus day-month-year (the rest of the civilized world) format.

[Absolutely Irrelevant Side Note: 2022 is also the year of the Tiger, according to the Chinese. This is my sign, apparently. And if I believed in astrology, this might mean something. However, all it inspires in me is the need to hie myself to Amazon immediately and replace all of my tattered Calvin & Hobbes books.]

Now, if they wanted to be cool, they should've used the month-day-year format and released it on the 12th, thus: 11-12-22.

See? Fun! Isn't this fun? You bet your sweet ass it is!

Speaking of fun...well. I'm not too excited by the trailer. Not too much going on...

[thoughtful pause]

Y'know, I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial for vanilla ice cream. Huh.

Okay, reeling backwards for a moment, flailing around miserably: Skyrim in space. What does that mean, exactly? Space dragons? Well...better than Space Herpes,** I guess. Much better than Space Gonorrhea (aka, Space Clap). Both burn, yes, but...
[**SEE: Ice Pirates (1984)]

...oh, horrible thought: SPACE WOOD ELVES! :ss-ahhhh

...ENOUGH. Never mind. There's even an official site, so go. Have fun.
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

everything