Author Topic: Mass Effect 4, Dragon Age, etc.  (Read 81 times)

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Mass Effect 4, Dragon Age, etc.
« on: June 22, 2021, 04:38:47 AM »
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Mass Effect 4, Dragon Age, etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 10:21:10 AM »
Seriously? They just state that the guy started his career at Electronic Arts. How is that a good thing for Bioware future? It's thanks to EA that Bioware is in the state it's currently in and their solution is to give them a boss who's EA throguh and through?

Yeah, sure, that's going to work.

When you spend over 20 years in the industry, there are a small handful of studios on your bucket list in terms of teams you’d want to work with — and BioWare is at the top of my list.

Is he aware that Bioware is just a name right now? What made it great were the people working in it developing fantastic games. Right now 80% of those people including most of the writers (who brought us KOTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age...) are not there anymore. So what he's saying is that he's enthused to work for a *brand* with no real meaning anymore.

Ah, who knows anyway... That couldn't really be worse than it is... COULD IT?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 10:28:44 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Online Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 11:18:29 AM »
It could...but you gotta be positive: "I'm absolutely positive it's gonna be worse!" ;D

Bioware, at this point, reminds me of the various Tom Clancy series that have carried on long after his death.
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 09:55:29 AM »
Tom Clancy is dead? That's news to me... no seriously.

Ooh, yeah he actually died. Really shows you how much I follow this kind of event  :realconfused:

That said when he was still alive he repeatedly said that he didn't care about video games (specifically he was talking about the Splinter Cell franchise) as in: I never played the damn thing, don't know what's in it so I don't care. They pay me for using my name... good enough.

I'm paraphrasing of course but I think that was the general idea.

A lot of book authors are like that. Recent example, Andrezj Sapkowsky that is still persuaded that Netflix would have created a Witcher series even if the games didn't exist. the guy is still upset because back when he negotiated with CDPR for The Witcher rights -- the first one -- CDPR offered him a percentage of all the upcoming sales of any Witcher game that would be published and the guy answered that the games would be crap, would never be successful so he wanted money now, not a percentage on zero. So CDPR gave him US$10,000. Of course he kinda changed his tune after The Witcher 3... wonder why  :lol:

But I get the idea that the guy prefers Netflix anyway... it's movie, with real actors!! Still I bet that without The Witcher 3 commercial success Netflix wouldn't give a damn.

But I digress... a lot...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein