Author Topic: Mass Effect... Clusterfuck?  (Read 62 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Mass Effect... Clusterfuck?
« on: April 05, 2022, 09:55:31 AM »
Is it just me or does the "untitled" Mass Effect project allegedly in development in Bioware studios gives all the appearance of a ridiculous clusterfuck before we even know what it is exactly?

And I'm not just talking about the fans and their ridiculous theories about this and that (Shepard survived, yay, who gives a fucks if that only happens in the worst possible ending that virtually no one chose?). I'm talking about Bioware tweeting posts after posts of contradictory material that once put together makes absolutely no sense.

Where's Drew Karpyshyn for God sake? Is there even one writer worth is grain of salt remaining at Bioware? One could have doubts considering that the remaining big shots abandoned the boat after the Anthem debacle.

Don't mind me, just venting there...  :redhot: Between the overexcited fans and Bioware trying to generate a buzz based on barely anything worthwhile, frustration is growing fast.

So shut up Bioware, develop the game, release it and then we'll be able to witness the extent of the damage. I really don't have big hopes (nor little ones) about this upcoming game... whatever the title will be. So as Garrus might say "there's a chance I could be pleasantly surprised"

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Mass Effect... Clusterfuck?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 03:29:44 PM »
Bioware's hemorrhaging people left and right, which is never a good sign.

Person #1 is happy as pie to be appointed to hang on, never mind, he's gone now...okay, Person #2 is wait, he's gone too, isn't this weird? Anyway, Person #3 wants everyone to know that he's overjoyed to well, shucks, there he goes. Hey, Person #4 says she feels like she's sittin' in butter, she's so thrilled to be the newest oh, hell...already? Person #5--

And so on. I have no great hopes for either Mass Effect ("Andromeda? What's that?") or Dragon Age ("We're back! Now we're cancelled! No, we're definitely back now! Wait..."), so I guess the idea is to lower expectations to the point where anything looks great.

Because I'm never really thrilled when the latest yutz to take the lead designer position has, we are told, a deep love of games like Fortnite, is an avid fan of both Pokemon Go! and Minecraft, and spent six years in a Turkish prison and loved every minute of it.
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

everything