Author Topic: Now don't laugh...  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
Now don't laugh...
« on: June 25, 2006, 04:32:27 PM »
I've been dabbling around in TDS lately for the purposes of my retrospective piece, and I noticed something I'd never even heard of before.  I thought I'd bring it up here rather than risk embarassing myself in front of the entirety of TTLG.  So...

Am I the only one who didn't know that you can temporarily freeze the statues with moss arrows?
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Now don't laugh...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 04:49:59 PM »
BWA-HAHAHAHaaha...ha...ha...uh...

...wait. You can do that??

And I thought TDS' moss arrows were only good for muffling footsteps and guards' cries. Learn something everyday.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 11:59:13 AM »
Wait ... you mean there are arrows in this game?  ;D

News to me, but I never used many arrows other than water and the occasional gas arrow. I never used moss because you can walk silently when you crawl.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 06:59:10 PM »
That's new to me too. I choked some guards with moss arrows but statues? In fact I've never been that dumb (er... genius for some) to even attempt firing a moss arrow at a statue. I mean where's the causality? You think moss arrows on one side and breathing little guards on the other and you see the point to make the two meet. But moss arrows and statues? Where's the logical connection? The statue stops the time to take a bath or something?

I should give that a try... one day  :purplelaugh:

It's always easier to hate than to love and some game companies do really like to make it even easier for us.

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 07:55:53 PM »
See, I'm the opposite.  I shoot a moss arrow at a guard and he chokes on a mouthful of grass?  Um... okay.  On the other hand, moss grows on statues naturally.  You'd think enough would immobilize them, and sure enough three arrows does the trick.
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.