Author Topic: UT 2004 SP MOD 'Dark Corners'  (Read 3425 times)

Offline mfw41

UT 2004 SP MOD 'Dark Corners'
« on: August 11, 2006, 04:48:30 PM »

According to the 10/4 Forums there is a new SP MOD out for Unreal Tournament 2004 called Dark Corners.

Synopsis:

"Julia Miller has been dared to enter the Dobson Manor, an abandoned mansion on the outskirts of town. For as long as anyone could remember, breaking into the Manor and reaching the attic has been a rite of passage for all teenagers in town. To many the haunted estate is nothing more than an urban myth...

Unaware of the lurking shadows, Julia reaches the attic only to realize that the stories about the house are true. The shadows are alive with an unseen evil that is bound to the darkness. Julia must now escape the house without succumbing to the frightening evil waiting at the edge of the light. "

This mod reminds of a line in the movie DARKNESS FALL "We stay in the light we stay alive".   You have to stay in the light so the evil doesn't get you.

DL link:

http://files.filefront.com/Dark_Corners_v21rar/;5221680;;/fileinfo.html

MOD INFO link:

http://mods.moddb.com/7250/dark-corners/

Offline GreyMouser

• Forums Keeper
  • It's all so UNREAL to me.
Nice work, mfw41!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »
The mod has slipped under the radar at all the major UT2004 sites: and since I haven't visited 10/4's site in long, long time, :sleepy2: , I was not aware of it...::)
Soooo, I'm much obliged to you, mfw41, for posting the news. Good job!!!..:thumbsup:
I've downloaded it...and will check it out....;)

...............:smoking:
The Beauty is in the "Play".

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: UT 2004 SP MOD 'Dark Corners'
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 12:05:29 PM »
Played this last night. Nice concept design, and the only real foes are your own nightmares. It certainly gets the heart pumping when you step out of the light! Great job on this and it's a quick play.  :onethumb:

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 01:12:53 PM »
Hmmm...sounds intriguing...perhaps I need to pick up a copy of UT 2004?  I think I saw a copy at GameStop for only 9.99!
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 04:00:46 PM »
Or perhaps you could go for the complete set. Midway just reedited Unreal Gold (plus Return to Na Pali), UT99, Unreal 2 and UT2004 on one DVD under the title "Unreal Anthology". But well, it cost $29.99.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline bobdog

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »
Hmmm...sounds intriguing...perhaps I need to pick up a copy of UT 2004?  I think I saw a copy at GameStop for only 9.99!

That's just where I got my copy, but if you're willing to wait a few weeks, I'm almost done with mine and will let you borrow it. I've finished everything but the Assault levels.

My main gripe with it is that these are the same darn levels I played in UT03, just with a little higher gloss perhaps. How about some originality, boys?

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 11:10:25 AM »
That'd be great, Bobby!  ;D Thanks!
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 05:58:57 PM »
My main gripe with it is that these are the same darn levels I played in UT03, just with a little higher gloss perhaps. How about some originality, boys?

It's because really, UT2k4 was just there so they can put the assault and onslaught levels and game types they didn't have time to include in UT2k3. So in fact everyone having bought UT2k3 (that includes me) got screwed. It's also the reason why I didn't bought UT2k4 until the price dropped to the low ten.

For the originality, that will be probably UT2k7 next year.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein