Author Topic: TTLG Temporary Forums  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
TTLG Temporary Forums
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:43:31 PM »
What's going on? Where'd they go? Server damage, apparently. Not to fear, as the temp forums can be found here. I have no idea why anyone would want to go there, but there you have it. ;)  So drop by CommChat and post something stupid, just for the hell of it.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: TTLG Temporary Forums
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 07:06:52 AM »
Server damage is not bad as long as you have a fairly recent backup somewhere. The problem is that they heavily modded their forum software and that could take a while before they return it to normal since a lot of mods have to be applied manually by changing the code lines.

But hey, The Haunt Of Hilarity is there.  :lol:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Eshaktaar

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:22:33 PM »
They're also waiting for the replacements of the components that went 'poof' to arrive.

As coincidence would have it, at the same day their server died, my CRT monitor terminated itself with some dramatic buzzing sounds and smells of fireworks (after 12 years of service - may it rest in peace). And this day just happened to be the same day I watched Final Destination on TV which features an imploding monitor. Furthermore, there's currently a Guess-the-Movie-from-a-Still thread going on in the TTLG temp forums featuring aforementioned movie. The still is even showing the victim of said imploding monitor. No doubt, this is the world telling me I need a TFT.

So much for going off-topic with the very first post. Hello, by the way! ;D

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 05:08:10 PM »
If the components are arriving by FedEx or UPS, they'd better wait for 'em with a catcher's mitt or a giant net. Those yahoos toss your stuff for distance. Idiots. UPS is currently the king of large-parcel dispersal, with a record of 312 feet for a package weighing over 55lbs (their state-of-the-art trebuchet is feistier than its dull brown paint job suggests), while FedEX has been victorious with smaller packages, going down in the record books with an unprecedented distance of approximately 588 million miles (that is, Jupiter) in the CD-sized package category.

They should probably go with DHL. They only have hand slings and a really strong guy named Jose. Jose can frisbee a telephone book for a fair distance, but the heavier stuff irritates his hernia.

You know, I thought my own theory of coincidence ("They're gone when I need help with Golden Book of Keepers! Augh!") was bad enough. How trite I was in my youth.  :lol:  That's pretty good, despite the horror. "Listen up, you little maggots! Back in the summer of '06, it was...ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME??"

Welcome back to the resurrection of the Hangar, where off-topic is considered on-topic. ;D
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 06:54:09 PM »
Welcome back to the resurrection of the Hangar, where off-topic is considered on-topic. ;D
So what does that make on-topic?

AN INTERESTING THEORY!

;D

Quite frankly all I ever visit the TTLG forums for anymore is either help with FMs or to revisit the threads about the Shalebridge Cradle. Null still posts there from time to time. Seriously, the guy creeps me out. :-X
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline bobdog

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 09:11:38 PM »
I like to visit them for FM assistance, but also to see who's banning who.  ;D  Komag has a great write-up on his website about his current ban. Why, if he only visited over here, he'd see that our leader is a flaming id--

*** THIS THREAD LOCKED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT ... AND THE LEADERS IN OUR REVOLUTION ***[/size][/color]

:smoking:

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 08:01:26 AM »
Did someone call me? Ok, I'm gonna play... So who could I ban this week? Let's see... bobdog maybe... Hey it's your turn guy -- totally at random I swear -- so let me just remember where's the banning button...

:lol:

I don't know anything about the banning procedure over there at TTLG because I never was a member and quite frankly I don't care. At the Foxhole we have a special banning process... You get to spend a full week in the Dumpster with Silver. I can assure you, after that you don't want to get banned again  :purplelaugh:

Seriously though, we do have a special procedure but as long as you're not banned you don't want to hear about it  :evil1:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Eshaktaar

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 08:19:37 AM »
What I miss the most is the Editors' Guild and its huge archive of answered DromEd questions. Without that tome of wisdom I currently have to pretend that I know what I'm doing when opening DromEd.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 11:34:35 AM »
What would it be if you'd actually know what you're doing  :lol: Ominous Bequest is still one of my favourite FMs.

Offline Eshaktaar

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 12:31:42 PM »
I'd probably be finished with the sequel by now ;)

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 04:03:23 PM »
What I miss the most is the Editors' Guild and its huge archive of answered DromEd questions. Without that tome of wisdom I currently have to pretend that I know what I'm doing when opening DromEd.
I opened DromEd. Once. Thunder crashed, lights flickered, children cried, and hellhounds bayed for my very soul. I don't know how anyone can do anything with that cudgel of a program.

I'll stick to doing things I don't understand in Hammer, thank yew vewy mooch. ;)
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 10:45:17 PM »
I have a hard enough time in the TES editor, which is supposedly one of the easiest game editors out there. I claim that I'm from the Humanities and not the Sciences, but I can't help but feel that maybe it's because I took one too many shots to the skull as a kid.

Speaking of the dumpster, it got so hot in here yesterday that at about 4pm Central, my underwear vaporized. So everyone who feels like playing loose with the rules should remember that. Because you'll be in here with me. And I like Taco Bell. ;D

everything