Author Topic: SlyFoxx still creating ??  (Read 5561 times)

Offline Nancy

SlyFoxx still creating ??
« on: August 30, 2006, 01:27:11 PM »
   Does  anyone  know  if   SlyFoxx   is  still   creating   missions ??

I  love  his  work ,  and have  enjoyed  " Unfinished  Business "  ,  etc.
   I   JUST  found  " A  Friend  in  Need "   [  love  the  design ,   the  story ,  and  all  the  details  (  the  guards  have  names !! )  ] .
   In  the  readme  it  says  it's  Part  1   of  a  2  Part  mission ..............but  I  haven't  found  Part 2   :hammerhead:

Is  there  a  Part 2 ??...............Am  I  looking  in  the  wrong   place (  again  ::)  )  ??

Thanks  for  any  info.................... :) :lol:

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: SlyFoxx still creating ??
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 05:11:27 PM »
I don't know. Apparently it has not been released yet. Unless I missed something, the most recent mission released by Sly was The (rather small) Auldale Chess Tournament. It was release last March so I guess he is still in the business.

Silver is probably better informed than I am...

:lol:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 09:39:50 AM »

Silver is probably better informed than I am...

:lol:

The irony of the smiley says it all.  :lol:  But I am e-mailing him. I do it for the love!
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Offline Nancy

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 01:17:18 PM »
    Thank  you  both............... :kissy:

Offline SlyFoxx

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 11:15:17 AM »
Somebody mention me?  Sly looks about....hummm, nice digs....so THIS is where hanger16 ended up....was wondering about that.

I had intended to get part two out in short order.  Intended being the key word. :hammerhead:  Alas part 2 has been set on the back burner due to the fact that another (and frankly better) idea has sprung from what's left of my once fertile brain.  I could release part 2 as it is now because it is a working mission...it's just got too many things that I'm not happy about.  It also suffers from frame rate issues in a few places due to long sight lines, so that issue needs to be addressed. 

So the best I can say is maybe someday.

But I appreciate the interest and compliments.     

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 02:52:07 PM »
Intended being the key word. :hammerhead:

I now the feeling.. We often go  :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: around here...

But hey, welcome to our new asylum Sly! We're always happy to see authors drop by to leave a quick update or better yet... a new release announcement   :lol:

mmm, I suppose you won't give us a hint about your new idea at this stage? No? Ok, fine...

(turns to Silver...) Hey! Buddy, prepare the torture room! There's another client for ya!

:purplelaugh:

As for the part 2... Better keep it then. It's always bad to release a mission if you don't feel that it is ready. Although I'm ready to bet that Nancy would be ok to betatest...  :evil1:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 02:57:23 PM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline SlyFoxx

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »
Well I could post a few screens.

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 03:45:52 PM »
Suh-weet. Amazing to see what the Dark Engine is still capable of.

Welcome to the madhouse, SlyFoxx! Yes, we do often :hammerhead: , that is when we're not :computerfix: because TDS is crashing again, or :soapbox: because of another delay by Valve. Oh, and sometimes Silver will :dumped: but we think it best not to ask about that. :purplelaugh:
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 04:02:48 PM »
Agreed. For an engine that old I'm always amazed to see what some authors can still pull out of it.

Beautiful design and nice from you to post the screens. Thanks  :onethumb:

Incidentally, the first and third screens remind me of some places in my native town...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 04:10:22 PM by Starfox »

Offline bobdog

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »
He never said it was the Dark Engine -- maybe (here's hoping) it's for TDS??  :lol:  Hmmmm??

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 11:41:03 PM »
He never said it was the Dark Engine -- maybe (here's hoping) it's for TDS??  :lol:  Hmmmm??
Nah, you can tell by the rain, light gem and health shields that it's the old engine. Plus the buildings have that "classic" look to them.
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 02:43:39 PM »
It's wishful thinking. Personally, I'm always looking for a reason to justify this monster taking a couple gigs worth of space...I haven't come up with many. I'm optimistic that someone will affirm its continued installation, yet nihilistically convinced that it will never happen. :joystickcrazy:

But on a much happier note, those screens make me glad I stuck with T2.  :thumbsup:

Two smileys subtracted from my self-imposed limit for this month, and it's only the 2nd. I'd better slow down.  ;D

Damn! Three!
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

everything