Author Topic: Dance with the Dead  (Read 4812 times)

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Dance with the Dead
« on: March 04, 2007, 07:14:08 PM »
I made it through to the talisman and ran like a bunny all the way back to the entrance, but I completely missed the additional thing with the beetles. Anyone have hints on how to get that started?

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Dance with the Dead
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:56:27 PM »
Welcome to Hell. Yandros is the Devil.  :lol:

Let's see: First, you should be looking for the map to the lower level. That map is with the mortal remains of Twitty, who lies in state in a hidden area. To find this hidden area, you must run around the top floor like a maniac, looking for a semi-dark hallway with blood spatters on the floor. Or you could refer to the map I've attached to this post, with the location of the entry to the secret room marked thereupon. Once you are in the right spot -- you will know it by the weird sound that you may remember from standing next to a secret Keeper room in TDS...plus, a glowing blue scarab will appear on the floor -- crouch facing north and crawl into the secret room. An automap would've been nice in this one...

After that...well, then it gets interesting.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:21:56 AM »
I did find the glowing blue beetle icon, but didn't realize I had to smash into the wall there. I'll try that....

Offline Eshaktaar

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:29:52 PM »
Thanks for that map, Silver Sorrow. I also went through the mission without finding any secrets, and I was too afraid of spoilers to look in the TTLG thread for how to get things rolling.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 01:31:21 PM »
De nada! I'll post more helpful maps as needed.  ;D

When I was looking for the answer to my own problem (i.e., the blue scarab) on TTLG, I had the ending completely spoiled for me. That was somewhat disappointing.  ::)

I'll try not to ruin things for anyone; if anything, I'll try to be my usual oblique self, but *helpfully* oblique, as opposed to *inscrutably* oblique. For example:

GOOD: "The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

BAD: "Look around."

WORSE: "Look."

HANGING OFFENSE: "nm i found it"
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Nancy

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 04:21:51 PM »

Well.........I need  help  , or  I'm  going  to  have  to  quit.. :hammerhead:

I've  read  all  the  readables.........and  then  I  went  to  TTLG   and  read  everything  there  !!!!! .........and  I  still
  can't  get  the  teleporter   to  the  king's   tomb  to  work. :-[       I  found   all  the  "  elementals "  by  myself  (  very
  proud   ::)  ) ,  but  the  lower  floor  is  giving  me  trouble !! >:(

Glad  to  see  "  Missions  "  is  back  up .......really  missed  that !!!!!
  Love  the  "  bone  crusher "  and   especially   the  "  facelights   "  :funup:    Although  .........I  always  thought  that
  monsters   had  brown  eyes.. :laugh:

As  always ........ thanks  for   your   help. :)

Offline bobdog

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 05:00:31 PM »
I too found my way past all the elemental runes to open the secret room and find the teleporter area. I further found a hidden scarab rune (and room -- jump into the wall this time) near the start of the second floor that had some stuff. I was assuming, having read the diary, that you use the ancient map against level 2's map to find the secret areas where the teleporter key might be. I further used the final saying from the diary, which provides place names, to compare that against the ancient map.

But after checking out the obvious areas (again) I'm back for more help. These scarab runes need to be a little more identifiable....   :mad1:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 07:16:45 PM »
The next part gave me a devil of a time as well.

General Instructions:

If you've found the elemental stones, you're doing well. If you've used them already, you're doing even better than that. You'll know by now that they open up a wall in the room with Twitty's corpse (I guess that tiger in her tight-fittin' jeans finally got to her**). There, among the loot, you will find a diary and a receptacle that wishes for the Blue Scarab stone. That's what you need to find next.
[** Old Conway Twitty joke. Never mind.]

Okay. Get down to the lower (second) level and find the map room, if you haven't done so already. Refer to the attached "FindingScarabStonePart1" map to find out where the "Map Room" is. (bobdog has it right.) In there is a diary that will give you clues to find the Blue Scarab stone, which you can use to activate the teleporter and thus take you to the secret area above the Bone King's stomping grounds.

In the second attached map, "FindingScarabStonePart2," I give specific spoilers as to where the scarab placards are, and what you should be doing to them. Refer to that if you don't mind being told what to do. :lol:

Okay. Looking at the first map, you'll see that there's a large scarab there. The Four rooms surrounding it contain placards on which are small scarabs. Hitting those placards with your mace (for example) will break the placards and reveal an elemental placard. After that, smack the placard again. It changes! Hmmm...curious.

Notice how they are arranged around the scarab in a roughly NSWE way. Now's the time to refer to the riddle that the dying guy told his friend before he snuffed it.

Severe Spoilers Ahead!

"And when the Scarab felt the cold winds blow from the steppes of D'irith Ta'an,"

Spoiler
Find the northernmost placard and smack it until it shows the Air element.

"it did wisely travel to the warm Sea of Sorrows."

Spoiler
Find the southern placard and smack it until it shows the Water element.

"There it didst behold the fiery sun rise up"

Spoiler
Find the eastern placard and smack it until it shows the Fire element.

"and warm the frozen Ti'arinth Mountains,"

Spoiler
Find the western placard and smack it until it shows the Earth element.

Now what? Attend, dear one:

Spoiler
Go to the Water placard room and look for the niche. It's glowing now, and there's a present there, just for you.

EDIT: I don't think you have to do these in any particular order, just as long as you have the right placard showing the right element.

Again, the second attached map shows specific instructions, so be aware of that before clicking on it. Next up, we'll find ANOTHER secret.  ;D

Offline Eshaktaar

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 03:00:12 PM »
I don't think I'd have found the map room in the lower level without help. At least I could figure out the rest by myself.

Spoiler
Opening the sarcophagus was very interesting. That's the kind of jumping puzzle I enjoy.

On a totally unrelated note: Does anybody else experience crashes with Firefox when pressing Enter in the reply text box?

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 05:17:43 PM »
Nope I never experienced that kind of crash and I use Firefox every day on the site and forum... However I experience from time to time an odd "back one page" behavior when I hit the backspace key. There are also from time to time some key combinations I use that trigger the "find in this page" bar when they shouldn't. Never found any plausible reason for that. The forum software doesn't check for key press so the problem is with Firefox.

It just seems like if Firefox had its bad days  sometimes :lol: Or maybe it's just an add-on I have installed that is causing keys problems.

Most of the time the problem clear up itself by closing and restarting Firefox. But well, since it's a crash in your case I guess you have no other choice than restarting it anyway.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline bobdog

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 06:27:51 PM »
I unleashed a couple of scarabs on the floor to take out the bad king and his henchmen, followed up by some Benny Bombs and mega grenades for good measure!!  :lol:

Offline Nancy

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »
  Thank  you  Silver,  for  your   detailed  help. :)

I  * never *  thought   of  hitting   the  placards   more  than  once !!! ???  And  then   I  got  the   Air  and  Water
  confused!! ::)  [  2  Airs  do  not  a  Water  make !!!]
  Love  the  anti-gravity  room ....... that's  a  first ,  I  believe.
  Made  it  through.........BUT.........I  am   2000   loot  short !! :hammerhead:    Is  there  another  room  hidden
  somewhere??    I'm  playing  on  Easy  but  I  have   all  6  secrets.

Thanks  again.......... :) :lol:

PS.....Never  mind !!!!!![  Hanging  Offense ]  ;)    Just  found  that  there  is  a  loot  llist......missed  completely
  the  gems   in  the   underwater   maze .........1500  loot  right  there. :purplelaugh: 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 07:13:44 PM by Nancy »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »
Eeeyowch! I missed your post. Or I saw it and completely blanked out. The top of my head flies off every once in a while, so I'm not aware of much beyond that. Thank god for hats.

Yes, the lootlist is the answer to your problems. Now. Aren't you glad I helped?  ;D

everything