Author Topic: Why do I keep doing this?  (Read 4334 times)

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Why do I keep doing this?
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »
 Another mod. Someone should really stop me before I do this again.

http://forums.starfoxweb.com/index.php?topic=1048.0

A house, and a kind of a small quest, sort of, in a way, perhaps.

Screenies are pointless, but here's a picture of something else, because people like pictures. I know I do.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/OrlopRat/SophieNord.jpg

Oh yeah, there's a forum thread too:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=674834
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 11:08:20 AM by OrlopRat »
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline bobdog

Re: Why do I keep doing this?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 06:46:41 AM »
I think your mod has some nice assets....

;D

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 11:30:04 AM »
In Holamayan, eh? Interesting. And once I successfully remember my Morrowind geography, I'll be thrilled beyond my capacity for thrillment. (For example: I couldn't remember where Ald'Ruhn was the other day, even though I'd been there hundreds of times. I'd go get my head examined, but I'm worried that they won't find anything.)

I was sort of disappointed that there weren't any naked Nords in Oblivion, but I was also sort of relieved, too.

Here's something frightening: one might put naked *hostile* Nords in Oblivion (like Bloodmoon's Berserkers)...and using a combination of Robert's male bodies -- the one with the serious beer belly -- and Slof's Boners (yes, it's exactly what you think it is...if you have your mind in the gutter like the rest of us), you'll get a lot more exercise than usual. Run for your life! And your purity!

You know, there aren't that many games where you're being chased through the woods by fat naked hairy guys with erections. I, for one, am thankful for this. "YOU GOT A PRETTY MOUTH, BOY!" >squealing< >banjo music<

...uh, I don't know how this went from a congratulations on your new mod to Dueling Banjos, but never mind.
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 01:40:33 PM »
 Slof's boners, eh? She is very odd, that Slof....talented though...then again, I'm living in a glass house here when it comes to "odd". Holamayan Shack is less than normal. Many will hate it. Gives me a reason to live.
    My next mod: Nords Everywhere!  It replaces every male NPC with a naked Nord. It also includes a game-killing script that will crash Morrowind to your desktop, an event  which you will be praying for 3o seconds into the mod.
  Maybe not. Just a thought.  ;)

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 04:41:20 PM »
This is funny odd..strange.

The Shack just got uploaded at PES, and in my description they edited "This is basically just a house in a stupid  place" to read "This is basically just a house in a foolish place".
   I was unaware of the offensive foulness of the word "stupid". Now I know better. Thank you, Planet Elder Scrolls. :hammerhead:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=5343

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 07:29:52 PM »
"So don't download it."  :crazybounce:

It's getting bad at Tessource, where someone will upload their mod and within seconds, someone will flame them for not uploading screens. I think the smart modder will learn from this: upload the trojan first, then the mod...

"Whaddaya *mean* I can't call my mod stupid?? I think it's stupid! Stupid, stupid!"

"Sir, your mod is not as stupid as half of what's uploaded here. It's perhaps as foolish as a purple pickle, but not half as stupid as any given mod featuring anime-inspired weapons."

"But how do you quantify 'stupid'? Cannot something be stupid in totally different way?"

"I know I'm feeling quite stupid right now for continuing this. Please shut up."

"I mean, you KNOW it's stupid, but how stupid IS stupid, really? Isn't 'stupid' just an arbitrary designation utilized by the intellectually insecure to bolster their self-importance at the expense of others' endeavors? Was Andy Warhol 'stupid'? Of course he was! But he was stupid in such a way that--"

"Okay, okay, okay! You win! Now shut up! Shut up shut up shutupshutupshutup! Your mod is a complete pile of biotoxic waste! Happy now??"

"You son of a bitch! It's stupid, but it isn't CRAP! I demand an apology!"

[sound of moderator strangling himself with his mouse cord]

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 11:04:58 PM »
 ;D ;D
 It seems  you've obtained  an actual transcript of the PES admin's meetings. Good work.

I hope the comments get interesting this time around. It's because of people like " DIE CLIFFRACER DIE DIE" that I don't disable comments. Bless you, " DIE CLIFFRACER DIE DIE".  :love:

But that guy "DIE SCRIB DIE DIE" is a real pain in the ass.

Trivia: My original cyber nickname was "DIE VORTIGAUNT DIE DIE" but I had to change it for legal reasons. Besides, it was stupid foolish.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 11:48:06 PM »
I was once known as "DIE dee-dee DIE DIE," but ran afoul of the lawyers of the guy who wrote "DA-DA DA DA DA DA DA DA-DA DA DA" for the Star Trek original series fight scenes. Then the "Da, Da, Da" guys from Germany showed up and it was a total media nightmare. I slipped out the back door while Kirk was fighting the giant lizard and assumed a more low-key identity.

That's right, you may have heard of me. I was the famous "dum-dee dum dee-dee-dum-dum." But nothing lasts forever. It wasn't long before I was threatened by the council for the guy who wrote "Dum-dee-dum-dee-day". Said I was ripping him off. Ridiculous. As any moron could plainly tell, the rhythm section went "dum-dee-dum-dee-dee-dum-dum-wocka-chicka-boom" and NOT "dum-dee-dum-dee-dum-dum-oompah-pah" like in his song. The judge agreed and I was vindicated. I still had to pay off a bunch of lawyers, though. I should've counter-sued so I could break even, at least. I'd still have both of my kidneys today, that's for sure.

Anyway. Where would we be without morons? Happier, I think.  :lol:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 01:07:26 AM »
Woo. Good to be back in Vvardenfell! Spent the last three hours...yes...THREE HOURS...getting MW back to where it was before I went off my nut and cleared it out. So many plugins, so very many textures, meshes, icons...and if *just one* is in the wrong place... :P

Still, I didn't really have anything else to do this evening, besides watch House (the solution to this week's mystery ailment was far-fetched, to say the least; although Hugh Laurie was in top form, so it wasn't a waste of an evening)...I could have just sat here and admired my Oblivion character (Exnem body + modified huntsman outfit = hours of fascination), but no. There's only so many times one can max out a character's stats before one is considered an idiot, and I'm well past that stage.

So I got MW working again: I also reacquainted myself with the vagaries of the Warnings.txt and the Yes To All button, as well as wrestling a bit with my key bindings. By the time I was done with all that, I was tired of looking at the game. As Calvin said, "The irony of this is just sickening."

This is all so very interesting, as I'm sure everyone will agree.

So tomorrow, I'll be paying a visit to Liffey's Tavern, maybe even wandering over to Holamayan and seeing what's new there. Hmmm...I wonder if anyone wants those alternate Black Netch pauldrons I found on my hard drive...  ;D