Author Topic: New FPS Inbound: Section 8  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
New FPS Inbound: Section 8
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:41:35 AM »
Timegate is not an overly well known company but a lot of gamers already played at least one of their products since they committed the add-on to F.E.A.R, F.E.A.R: Extraction Point. Their new FPS is titled basically enough Section 8. So what is it all about? Better let the devs say it themselves:

Quote from: Official
Section 8™ is an intense first-person shooter that allows players to dynamically alter the flow of combat as they see fit. Employing strategic assets and on-demand vehicle deliveries, players are given unprecedented tactical control over epic sci-fi battlescapes.

Of course the above is marketing talk so is to be taken with a grain of salt as usual until at least we can have something more than some artwork and a description to play with.

As for the story well, devs to the rescue again (yeah I know, I'm currently awfully lazy):

Quote from: Official
On the war-torn planets of tomorrow, mankind’s greatest battle is about to begin. With its frontier colonies devastated by a growing insurrection, Earth dispatches its premier unit of powered-armor infantry to repel the coming onslaught. Known to their peers as Section 8, this elite unit spearheads the near-suicidal missions required to break enemy lines. Shielded by their advanced armor, these soldiers launch directly into the fray from orbital dropships.

Note that all the pics in this news are actually artwork. There's no screen shots available as of now but maybe later with the opening of the official site. And I just hope that Timegate will have learned from their errors since F.E.A.R EP was one of the most badly optimized title I played requiring even more power than F.E.A.R. did.

Section 8 should drop to a store near you in 2009 (for elite commandos they are not that good with precise schedule)...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:17:15 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline planetphillip

• PlanetPhillip
Re: New FPS Inbound: Section 8
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 04:12:58 PM »
This is strange.  I've had this game listed on PP since 14th January 2006 but the Timegate homepage has the official announcement as 03 July 2007

Maybe we should hook up regarding game announcements or something?

OK, strangeness solved:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=167203

The game was announced late 2005.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 04:27:19 PM by planetphillip »

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: New FPS Inbound: Section 8
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:24:26 AM »
Well, actually that's because they didn't have any publisher until then. Gamecock Media Group just recently made a deal with Timegate. So now the title is officially in development.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything