Author Topic: Still Here  (Read 2976 times)

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Still Here
« on: July 16, 2007, 10:55:06 AM »
 Pulse check. I live. Can't get my head out of the CS. Otherwise all is well.
  New mod coming soon. Oh boy.

So...off I go then... ;)
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Still Here
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »
Palm trees, tiki torches, and a tribe of cannibals just a little further into the jungle. Pass that Corona, Friday...thanks...>swack!< Those things will kill a seagull if you hit 'em just right. Just don't drink whatever's in the bottle. Blech. Now go get that winged rat and grill it. Pluck the feathers this time, thank you. And don't use any of those weird mushrooms again. They never found that Wood Elf's eyes, and I know why. A pina colada! Just what I wanted. What I *needed*. You didn't spit in it, did you Friday? No matter. Just as long as the rum hasn't been passed through your kidneys first, I'm good.

Anyway, what a coween-kee-dink: I've been meaning to visit Vvardenfell again. Fortunately, I've managed to kill all of the cliffracers and tamed everything else short of the Daedra and the Ashlanders. So it's truly a vacation paradise.

Hmmm. More tropical foliage, thundering drums late at night, sneaky natives with blowguns, monkeys...
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 08:09:18 PM »
Morrowind needs monkeys. It truly does.  Sadly, I cannot provide them. Friday is not there, nor is Tondelayo. So no tiffin. A pity.

However, there be sand, and a Dongle lighthouse retextured, palm trees, and dead people. Stuff to read. The wreck of the Minnow. The Skipper too. No, really. I mean it. If this perks ones interest, here's a pre-release for those who pre-ordered. Available now on STEAM....no wait, I mean Rapidshare...

http://rapidshare.com/files/43333576/Slaughterfish_Island.rar.html

Warning: Contains mushrooms and pirate references.

Ascadian Isles Region 0, -15. Kind of west of Ebonheart. I have two .esp's here, "A" is no transport. Bear in mind I made this   with sailing mods in mind. But for landlubbers, there is "B", which puts a rowboat in Ebonheart that will take you there, and one to take you back. Only use one, or....sorry, I  forgot which forum I was in ;D

Hopefully the files are all there. If not, enjoy the big yellow markers. I think they're pretty.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »
I don't understand it. Cait made all kinds of livestock -- including a chicken that growls at me -- but no monkeys. That's just wrong.

I haven't got around to seeing it yet (I was "visiting" Saren manor by request of this little piece of paper given to me by some nice guy in the Arena basement, then everything crashed and I got disgusted and played Overlord instead, then I got tired of that and curled up under my desk and prayed to die), but I will just as soon as is khovianly possible.

So is this the point where I ask why I shouldn't use both esps, right? Wait, no...I should ask how I install it. Then I'll make another six or seven increasingly frantic posts about it not working. Well, let me unzip this to my C:\system folder and...no, first, I gotta find someone to help me figure out what a .rar is. In all-caps. It's been a while since I've dealt with the TES community, so I'm a little rusty on my stupidity procedures. Bear with me.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
    Aye then. No hurry playing it. Especially since there are no monkeys. On the other hand, there are no Bosmer, so it's not that bad.
   Just remember to un-rar everything into your  C:\WINDOWS|System32 folder and delete everything else in there. And it only works with Windows Vista and a yet to be released service pack. Oh yeah, almost forgot, you'll need a Linux OS. Other than that it just requires Morrowind.

When I release it it'll be a 7z file, because:
A) It's smaller, and
B) It annoys the fanboys.

Now I must go. I think I may have volunteered to contribute something to ModTown 2007....which means I may have to change my name and social security number. We will see....

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 12:27:23 PM »
Wood Elves: what's the point? Okay, I grant you that the MW versions are *much* more interesting than the OB versions. But still...why? We strapped Fargoth to a table and dissected him without anesthetic to find out. Our results were inconclusive, but my horde of minions researchers wanted to try it again on a different subject. Or two. Maybe even all of them. I shifted somewhat, using Altmer as a parallel subject in my quest for truth, or something. I don't really remember what the original question was, but it doesn't matter. So far there's been lots of screaming, but no definite answers. The research continues.

I love .7z...it's a major annoyance for the clueless AND a great compression format. Win-win! I say, if they can't figure out how to download/open a file, they don't deserve to have it anyway.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
And there I went and rar'ed it anyway. I was tired, no sleep, the brain died. Oh well. Next time. Doesn't much matter though. These guys can't even figure out a .zip file. ::)

Ever try to dissect an Orc? They're solid straight through, like a baked potato. Fascinating.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 09:48:48 PM »
I've heard Argonians are just scaly bags of goop with heads. And if you hit a Nord hard enough in the head, candy comes out!

everything