Author Topic: New F.E.A.R. Expansion: Perseus Mandate  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
New F.E.A.R. Expansion: Perseus Mandate
« on: July 17, 2007, 02:13:59 PM »
Sierra announced just before the E3 the coming of a new expansion pack for the acclaimed game F.E.A.R. that would be called F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate.

Quote from: Sierra Entertainment
Perseus Mandate is the second standalone storyline expansion to the award winning first person shooter franchise F.E.A.R. Fight fear with F.E.A.R. as you take point in a brand new team experiencing a new incident at Armacham with a story line that runs parallel to F.E.A.R. and Extraction Point revealing a new perspective of the event. Your job in this new adventure is to find out what Perseus is and why the Nightcrawlers have been called in to collect it before you can. Face off against new enemies, new horrors and new weapons in the stand alone expansion pack F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate.

A you can get from the quote above you won't need to own F.E.A.R. to play this new add-on (although I would frankly not see the point in playing this without having played the original). Some of the features will be:

• Stand alone expansion pack means you’re ready to play
  • New multiplayer including Instant Action for the first time on PC!
  • Uncover the mystery that surrounds Armacham and truth behind the Perseus project
  • Employ new weapons, including the Chain Lightning Gun, Grenade Launcher, and Advanced Rifle
  • Face off against a horrifying new group of enemies, the Nightcrawlers
  • Engage in unpredictable encounters with combat adaptable A.I.

There is no screen shot available right now... however I've seen a gameplay trailer that does not seem to exhibit overwhelming differences with the previous games (I seriously hope the story will be better than F.E.A.R. Extraction Point

F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate should be available this Fall.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline bobdog

Re: New F.E.A.R. Expansion: Perseus Mandate
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:47:25 AM »
Wonder who's putting this out, especially in light of the separating of the publisher and Monolith?

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: New F.E.A.R. Expansion: Perseus Mandate
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:29:49 AM »
Well, certainly not Monolith since they parted ways with Vivendi/Sierra and are currently working on the next F.E.A.R. (that won't be called F.E.A.R. at all -- see this news). The announcement came as an official press release but the developer was not given by Sierra. Timegate (the one that developed F.E.A.R. Extraction Point) is currently working on another title (Section 8 ) so it's probably not them either.

Sierra is also scheduled to release a complete set (including F.E.A.R. and both extensions) called F.E.A.R. Files for the XBox 360. There again, no developer has been mentioned.

When I learn about the developer I'll tell you...  :lol:

The publisher remains Sierra though. I have in the idea that now that the deal is off with Monolith they want to get the most they can out of the F.E.A.R. franchise before Monolith comes with their own sequel.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:39:26 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything