Author Topic: Circular Warfare  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
Circular Warfare
« on: November 20, 2007, 01:12:27 AM »
A new machinima video to enjoy, and my first "official" release!

Circular Warfare is a demo video I made to get re-acquaint myself with RTMS and its features. Its also given me a chance to play around with my video capture and editing programs. The final product is by no means perfect, since I still have some kinks to work out with the editing, but here it is, in all its glory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxaVNWuRQtc

As for Pegasus Run, it's looking more and more like things are on hold. Due to lack of voice actors, and my own dissatisfaction with what I'd like to do with it compared to  what I've so far, I'm waiting until I've tried a few smaller, less ambitious projects before I come back to it. Thanks to our own PlanetPhillip for your offer to do voice acting, although if you're still willing, I'll put out word when things pick back up, or when I have a more viable project.

Any constructive critisism would be greatly appreciated.

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Circular Warfare
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 10:12:39 PM »
A great start, LB. I'm not quite sure what the story was supposed to be, but I did dig the music! And you can never have enough headshots  :onethumb:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 01:35:01 PM »
I don't think I've seen this until now. I gotta scroll down the page more often.  ::)

Anyway!

Nice. Stylish. I usually don't have any sort of committal reaction towards techno -- because I'm a narrow-minded prog snob -- but the music fits perfectly.
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 01:34:49 PM »
The funny thing is that the music happens to fit entirely by chance. I'd made this video sometime in March/April, and only recently tried editing together screen captures and adding music. While playing around with potential tracks, I found this Bassnectar piece fit in quite nicely.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdKrLkQfzE

Someone appears to have captured my video, turned it into an advertisement for ringtones, and reposted on YouTube. And within days of my posting! I'm not sure whether to be pissed off or a little honoured that my first video was "worthy". I have no idea whether requesting it to be taken down will have much effect either.....

everything