Author Topic: Fun With Mods That Don't Work For You Personally  (Read 107075 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Fun With Mods That Don't Work For You Personally
« on: January 23, 2008, 01:33:47 PM »
Do you like mods? Of course you do! And so do I. But what do you do when a certain mod doesn't work for you, even though it works for everyone else in the world, including people who don't even own computers, some of whom are, in fact, partially decomposed due to an advanced case of death? Everything's gone to hell and there's nothing in the world that can salvage what's left of your sanity. You ask yourself:

- Is it my setup?

- Did I do something wrong?

- Is it me?

- Where has my youth gone?

- Why does God hate me so?

- *Is* there a God?

- Where did I put that shotgun?

And so on. Sadly, there are no answers to these questions that will help you in any way, although you might want to check the hall closet for the shotgun. The shells are on the shelf. Try not to miss.

The causes for these problems are endless; it may be because of pidgin English readmes (Google has most likely caused more translation-related deaths than any other search engine)...or it may be because the mod itself is worthless crap and all those who claim that the mod works for them are really pathological liars in the modder's employ. It could be anything.

And I am, like many others, something of a complete loss when it comes to troubleshooting problems. (>click click click< "It won't go! WHY WON'T IT GO?!???" >stomp stomp stomp<) So instead of wasting my valuable waking hours on finding a cure for the troubles that ail the mods, I thought I'd do something negative in nature, having an ultimately self-destructive theme in mind. Thus I give you:

Screenshots Of Things That Never Quite Worked For Me

Why? Because I can.

First up is The Dark Mod, which is the latest, greatest thing to happen to the Thief community since Warren Spector was dragged slowly into whirling industrial machinery (okay, maybe that didn't happen...but it's fun to imagine). I've talked about it, Starfox posted a really nice write-up about it recently, and it does not work for me at all. Someday it will, possibly, but all I get is this:

I know that there's a solution, but I am so doped up on antihistamines right now that problem-solving is a bit beyond my abilities at the moment.

Next is a major mod for Oblivion, called "Morroblivion." It can be found for download right over here. Essentially, it converts the Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon plugins so that they can be used by Oblivion. In short, it means you can hang out in Balmora...in Oblivion! Sound great? It is! It's so great that it made me forget about futzing around with VTMBloodlines textures for the moment.

And yet...it doesn't work for me. Surprise!

I'm supposed to be able to travel through Vvardenfell, but I seem to fall off the edge of reality far too often:

And it didn't seem to get any better when I finally made it to dry land:

Back in the drink:

Finally made it to Balmora, somehow:

A lovely view of what's supposed to be Vivec:

Something went wrong, I know. I will figure out how to fix it, because I KNOW it's possible to get this thing working. There's a step or two that I missed, and I will find the solution eventually. And it may have something to do with load order, too. But for those of you who experience frustration with getting mods working, know that you are not alone. Take comfort in that...

...although, technically speaking, you're not alone when someone's sneaking up behind you with a butcher knife, so I would get too comfortable.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Fun With Mods That Don't Work For You Personally
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »
Well, I don't know for the Oblivion mod, but let's check the case of The Dark Mod. And sorry if you already tried all of that   :computerfix:

a) Make sure to have the patch 1.3.1.1304 installed (and not the 1.3.1.1302); you can make sure by hitting the CTRL+ALT+~ keys once at the Doom 3 menu to bring down the console.
b) Is the vanilla (but updated) Doom 3 working?
c) Remember to transfer the file named DevIL.dll from the thief_den folder to the Doom 3 folder.
d) Double check the shortcut you created; particularly the +set fs_game thief_den parameter (and make sure that it is outside of the quotes surrounding C:\\blahblah\Doom3.exe if any). In my experience, the error indicated may be due to doom3 not understanding what you want to do which means a shortcut error in most cases.
d) Try to launch the mod from the mod menu within Doom 3 (might be a waste of time though since it should result in the same error if the shortcut is ok).
e) Update you Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries to SP1 download

Can't think of anything else right now...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 10:00:08 PM »
D'oh! I had 1.3.1.1302. And updating Visual C++ probably didn't hurt, either. And now it works. Silly me. I knew it was my fault. See what happens when you get all doped up on antihistamines? I'd probably would have been better off huffing spray paint for all the good this cheap-ass doctor-approved garbage does me. Say no to prescription drugs, kids. Get some REAL drugs.

I suppose I should thank you Starfox, but I'd hate you to think that you're indispensable.  :biglaugh:

And, oddly enough, I finally got Morroblivion working. All I had to do was tell it not to convert Tribunal or Bloodmoon...well, I also removed every single mesh and texture I had in my MW folder elsewhere, 'cause you never know. (In fact, the prog converted all of the custom replacer textures in my MW dir the first time through, so it was sort of odd seeing the Rose Balmora textures.) There are still definite shortcomings, but it's nice to see that it's entirely possible to visit Morrowind.

Shortcomings? What shortcomings?

Well...many things that are out of the converter's scope, for one thing. Things such as dialog, quests, scripts, unique faces, and so on (hmmmm...TNR Vvardenfell?). Lava didn't work, either. Bad guys in the dungeons would fight each other and then me, and much of the time, those dungeons were completely flooded. Although that could be amusing:

(I didn't kill the one on the right. It was one of the slavers! Honest!)

Other things incluse the fact that the clothes just don't work right. That's understandable, since getting clothing in-game was a lot different than it is in OB. (I still have nightmares about shirts.) So you'll see plenty of people walking around with no arms and nothing below the waist but feet...this could be fixed if someone were to replace all of the converted clothing with standard OB clothing.

Explanation for those who don't care: Putting, say, a pair of pants in Oblivion is easy; you just create a clothing entry, point the game at the correct mesh, and put it in a chest or somewhere in the world. Easy. But Morrowind...again, nightmares. You had to create body part entries -- groin, left upper leg, right upper leg, left knee, right knee, left ankle, right ankle -- and then create a clothing entry and have the various parts pointing to the various...parts. Then you could put it in the world or a chest. Even though it takes a lot longer for the OB CS to load up, I consider it a fair tradeoff for never having to go through all that crap ever again. It wasn't tough, don't misunderstand me...but it was tedious.

Balmora:

And here's a rooftop shot of Balmora:

Some of you may be wondering what Ald'Ruhn's giant shell looks like. Enjoy:

And Fargoth is available too...but he's a little messed up:

It's a facegen thing, I believe. Anyway, if modders are dedicated, they could pretty much recreate almost the entire game in Oblivion...minus the quests and scripts, of course. There's already been an ingredient conversion mod, as well as an alternate start mod that puts you on the prison ship in Seyda Neen. This may kick the Silgrad Tower team's ass into high gear, but who knows? ::)

I hope to get the Trib and Bloodmoon parts working, although I'm realistic enough to know that if I think I can get that to work, then I've been sharing a crack pipe with Amy Winehouse.

I'd also like to point out that the Oblivionized female version of the Chitin cuirass is...unspeakably bad. I'll post a screenshot later. Maybe.

Well! I'm off to see if I can complete Thief's Den. For those of you who waded through all that, here's your reward. Natalie Raitano. Enjoy.

(For those disappointed in not seeing gratuitous pics of Yoko Matsugane, I apologize. I haven't sorted through my newest batch yet. Maybe next time.)

(For those disappointed that it isn't a dude, get real.)

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 08:30:13 AM by Starfox »
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 06:44:42 AM »
So OK, don't thank me just thank Microsoft and ID  :lol:

You see, you're the main reason why I raised the required age to subscribe to the forum a few months ago  :purplelaugh: . Not that I really mind about pics. When I was 14 I had an English teacher who spent her time in pretty suggestive mini skirts... She liked to sit on her desk inf front of us for some odd reason with the result you can imagine. And she was hot too. One time that we were looking a little too obviously she addressed us with an amused and charming smile: "So what? Have you never seen a pair of thighs before?" I suspect she perfectly knew what she was doing... No wonder why I learned English so fast; that's one of the only classes I never missed :lol:

Ah, talk about the virtues of education; finally it doesn't require that much to get a bunch of male teenagers to pay attention  (that works with adult males too but they try to keep cool so they hope no one will notice). To be frank English teachers were the coolest teachers I ever met back in school. Aside one exception, none of them seemed to have a stick up the ass. The other teachers, they were more or less acting like if they had a sacred duty to fulfill which made them as amusing and interesting as a prison cell.

Anyway, you're lucky to have a French administrator on this forum. If Bush was the administrator, you would already be  :flamethrower:

With that being said... Who the heck is Natalie Raitano? I guess I could do a quick search on IMDB but I'm just lazy...

UPDATE: I realized that no matter how many warnings you may give, there may always be pre-puberty people to browse our forums when their parents are not looking. So at least your post gave me the opportunity to introduce a new BBC tag the "hide"  tag (used like any other tag, just replace quotes with [ and ] ) which should work in our favor the day we'll all be in court for ESRB violation :purplelaugh: If you don't see what I mean, just logout of the forum and review your above post as a "Guest". This and the age restriction should cover our asses  :funup:

You may also use the tag for content that you want to be viewed by just the forum members.

I added a button to the post editor for convenience.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:14:12 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 11:02:14 AM »
I keep meaning to try Morroblivion, which at first I thought introduced the fierce Morro warriors of the Phillipine Islands to the game, but no, it was something else entirely. It looks like a lot of ...um, whats that word, uh, what do you call it, you know....oh yes, work, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. Besides, at this point I spend as much time playing Morrowind as Oblivion, which kind of makes it a non-essential thing for now.

I'm thankful for the new  "hide" tag. Might get me into some future trouble, but there it is. My BAB bodied beauties can now freely roam the Foxhole, I would suppose, doing the odd things I sometimes make them do. Damn Bethesda for putting sheep in Oblivion.

See you all in court.>:D
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 06:04:21 PM »
Hey...this is my 1000th post! Someone get out the cookies and the Vaseline, because it's time to celebrate!  :party: :ufo: :party:

Okay, that's enough.

Anyway, it's nice to be the reason for progress...kind of like the warm feeling that Osama must have felt when they started frisking 90 year old grannies for weapons in Midwestern airports.

I guess that's just me, then.  ;D

Still, I like the new hide tag. Ferzample, I can post this...

...and the horny little maggots will think I'm posting naughty naked pictures!

Again, I guess I've mis-read the intent of such a useful feature. Okay, I get it: it's to PROTECT the young ones (rather, our ESRB rating), not CONFOUND them. But it's so much fun to make them cry!

Here's another one. Kids! Don't you wish you could see THIS one!

(Note: yes, she does windows.)

So! Cool new tag. I may have to use it a lot. Break it in, so to speak.  :evil1:

Starting now! Here's one for the gamers:

Anyway.

Natalie Raitano is a B-grade actress with an A-grade chassis. That didn't help her to get anything better than a supporting character role in the Pamela Anderson vehicle V.I.P., but she did well enough for herself. She has an allegedly "humorous" webpage that details her problem with excreting in public restrooms (to put it nicely), and I wish I had never heard about it and I'd like to throw up now. To clear the palate, here's Yukie Kawamura again, who's much prettier than Natalie and looks as if she's pretending to be the Gorton's Fisherman's hot young mail-order bride.

There are so many things I could say about that, but I won't.

Good god. Hot English teachers. Man. All of my English teachers were either fruity dudes or tired, post-menopausal Nazi robots. Except for my 10th grade English teacher...[throaty growl]  My Oklahoma History teacher, meanwhile, used to wear a lacy black bra and deep cleavage dresses, and...uh...never mind. :lol:  Let's just say I hung around her desk a lot. And then there was my Spanish teacher. She looked like she was hit in the face with a mascara pie, but she liked 'em swingin' free, if you catch my meanin', Mr. Frodo. Don't remember much about Spanish, except "ARRIBA!!"  :vacation:

"So what? Have you never seen a pair of thighs before?"  :thumbsup:  Y'know, whenever that happens over here, two things naturally follow:

1. Total male hormonal meltdown.

2. Lawsuits.

Hey, the kids gotta learn somewhere. And it's better that they learn from a living, breathing woman than from the internet. Still, you WANT the kids to graduate sometime. Never saw a kid crying so much at the end of the school year... Also, you get a lot of 35 year old second graders, and that's not good.

Yup, praise great Cthulhu for countries free of puritanical Texans!  :biglaugh:  :coolcthulhu:

'Rat - Why is it everytime you post, I find myself at Wikipedia soon afterwards?? :lol:

Yup, Morroblivion is a lot of work. They SAY it's easy in the readme, but I think something was lost in the actual translation (French to English...Google is not always your friend). I finally got it working, but I can't go to Mournhold or Solstheim due to the problems I mentioned earlier. Oh, well. It's not really all that useful or interesting without quests or being able to talk to people about things beyond rumors. ("The Colovian Highlands are...hey! Where are you going??")

Hey, you're using BAB? Coooool. SinBlood makes some great clothes for that. I switched over to TFF recently (the Exnem-stripper thing was wearing a little thin and it was time for a change), and I'm thinking about trying BAB again. I should really look into getting a body-specific OMOD, because it's a huge pain to switch between body mods. And the sheep seem to like them, no matter which one I use! I'll see you at the courthouse.

Some more screens:

Ghostgate

One of the Red Mountain strongholds

Dagoth Ur entrance

A Dark Mod character. A Haunt? Can't wait to run into this guy!

Right here is where I'd post a kicker pic of Yoko Matsugane and her ridiculously big assets, but I'm missing my shows.

EDIT: That hide tag is really great!

Forum Restriction Notice

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:46:19 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 07:09:45 AM »
Silver's gonna get us axed one of these days  :lol:

Yup, praise great Cthulhu for countries free of puritanical Texans!   :biglaugh:

I would like to take a moment to remind you that our dear Texans friends are actually hosting our site on their lovely servers nested in their beloved city of Houston (yeah Texans may in general not like French but it's not a reason to not take my money). On the other hand look at me... I'm far to be a perfectly typical French... Here I am running a site in English, located in the US, for a public half US (52% according to our stats) and I write thrice much more English than French these days. Where's the French part in all that?  :hammerhead: I even speak English with some American accent -- according to some of my previously mentioned teachers that were always amazed to the fact that I couldn't speak neither with a French accent nor at least a British one because after all we were supposed to learn English from a British perspective.

However if Bush knew that a dreadful little allegedly frog eating bastard (I hate frogs, a lot of French do by the way) was hosted in Houston he would probably be after my ass right now :purplelaugh: But I trust he has other slightly more important issues to take care of before that... Maybe next January he will have enough free time.

But hey, our host is much more closer to you than it is to me so I'm not really the one taking the full risk here  :biglaugh: There's an ocean between us and kicking asses for kicking asses they'd probably prefer to take the shortest route.

Natalie Raitano: that's probably the reason why I never heard of her because seeing a movie starring Pamela Anderson... You'd have to pay me... A lot... Or to get me drunk... A lot too.

As for the hide tag, let's not get too comfortable with it so we can still pretend to be pretty little  :angel:

ABOUT MORROBLIVION:

Well, I took a look at the French site and yep Google is not your best friend, obviously  :lol:

So they state that there are several things not working (and hopefully that will be implemented in the future) mainly due to restriction in the NIF Converter used to port meshes from Morrowind to Oblivion. Things that do not work are mostly all complex or animated meshes (which means no lava and no fire and no magical wall around the Red Mountain). Activators don't work either (doors are useless because they rely on script that like the quests are simply not there). The same applies to any mean of transportation. No creatures really coming from Morrowind. Other than that the project is not complete. It was the first step. there are no dialogs nor quests because a working converter was needed to start working on this. So what you have now is just that, the pretty basic (and still not complete which can be guessed by the version number 0.95 -- it's only final when you reach 1.0) world converter.

There is also another project of full featured main quest and side quests that they are working on now that they have the converter. This is called Morrowind 3E433. So one may expect to have some quests to play further down the road albeit no necessarily the original Morrowind quests.

The amusing part is that they state at the end of their page "It's illegal to propose mods for Oblivion containing resources directly extracted from Morrowind"... I guess if it was legal their work would be simpler...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 08:36:04 AM by Starfox »

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 11:07:24 AM »
Ah, Texas....I'm actually part Texan, since my grandpa Otis (yep)  was born there. Cowboy hat, horse, etc, and I got the pictures to prove it. :) But then again, he joined the Navy in 1918 to get the hell out of there, sailed into the Brooklyn Navy Yard one fine day, met a New York girl, married her, and never looked back.
 Houston, being a big city, and throbbing center of commerce, is not culturally or socially  completely like the Texian hinterlands, so that perhaps is why they will do business with a French person. ;D Or something like that.

I'm American, or at least a New Yorker (some claim there is a difference)  but I have enjoyed a battered frog appendage or two, and I like a plate of nice garlicky snails now and then. How odd is the world?

I will try not to abuse the hide button. I promise to obscure nipples and genitalia.

Aye Sinblood, great clothes, and most are baberized. He's a Frenchman, by the way. Oo la la ! (do the French actually say "Ooo la la? I hope not).  In fact, one of the reasons I chose to use BAB was the amount of clothes and armor available. That,  and the nice pert little titties.
 :coolcthulhu: :coolcthulhu: :coolcthulhu:

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 01:47:58 PM »
but I have enjoyed a battered frog appendage or two, and I like a plate of nice garlicky snails now and then. How odd is the world?

You're a New Yorker, so that doesn't really count  :biglaugh:

I say that because we have in France this belief -- what is maybe just one more stereotype -- that New York is one of the US cities the most inclined all in all to be friendly to French in which you would join Louisiana (for obvious reasons we still have some sort of attachment to that) and part of California. Of course in the end as for a lot of things, it mainly depends on people not on geographical locations. But stereotypes are pretty hard to kill (like the frog for French).

Snails... yummy. Actually yeah, on that one French are still strong -- but to be honest it's not so the snails we like than the garlic butter going with them... Few things beats a lovely mixed garlic butter. And it can be used on a lot of food so we don't even have to focus on snails  :purplelaugh:

Forum Restriction Notice

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 09:36:47 AM by Starfox »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 08:54:38 PM »
Garlic butter. I'd eat my own face if it was dipped in garlic butter. But not snails. :lol:

So while Starfox puts out all the fires that I started -- Texan dissing, barely-clothed women, etc. -- I'll start a few more with an article I entitled "Australians: I Mean, What The Hell??"

Maybe not. I have nothing against Australians. Of course, I really don't have anything against Texans either (there's a long-standing football rivalry between our states...and since I don't give a flaming hemorrhoid for football, it doesn't affect me one way or the other), so I'm just making up grudges as I go along. So I guess it's back to whatever I was doing before I turned us into a pr0n site. ;D

Well! A brand new Trading Spaces is on tonight, and  

Sorry. Here's something far more classy. So in celebration, so I switched back to the BAB body in honor of her...and because of Sinblood's Nightweave outfit, too. Standard pic, showing off my latest custom race:

...which I've since modified slightly and combined with other pieces to this:

Still working on making the body of the cuirass match the shoulders. Oh, to give up detail or maintain the deep black? Decisions, decisions. How about a few more screenshots? You know you want them.

So. Finally I got something to work. Unfortunately, this extreme good fortune does not extend to VTMBloodlines. From recent setbacks, I'm guessing that using a custom model for the Gangrel does not work unless you do something special to the model. What I'm grumbling about is using a custom model and changing into the Protean War Form, then back. Crash.

Everything's in the right place, so I suppose non-Gangrel models are not recommended. I'll look more into this.

My new mascot for when Things Go Wrong:

Blech. Let's go back to that Paige pic.

Much better. Gotta run. I'll ramble incoherently about merde later.  :lol:

Forum Restriction Notice

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »
Aye Starfox, you're pretty much right about New York.  ;D

Historical tidbit:

Ney: My Emperor, I have lost your cavalry!

Napoleon: Merde!

Cambronne: But the garlic butter is safe, yes?

Ney: Sorry, lost that too.

Cambronne: Merde! The Imperial Guard must now die!

Napoleon: I should have  stayed on Elba...

So, speaking of Waterloo, here's one of my characters, Rose, in an outfit I made her put on just for this picture:

I did blur out some bits offensive to Texans, as promised. Not that Rose normally dresses that way. Usually  she's a little more practical.

And she does love her Sinblood stuff for those special occaisions.

Dammit Silver, I do truly  like what you're doing with the Nightweave outfit. Setting up armor and clothing has always baffled me, in Morrowind and Oblivion. All the body part stuff gives me a headache.
Merde

Forum Restriction Notice

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 10:58:20 PM »
Jeez, you people scare me. I can't even get Exnem's stuff to cooperate with OOO (the first-person model has issues with some of the armor meshes). I don't know how you got/made all that weird stuff. I should just beg commission you folks to help get my ideas into the game, as the tutorials don't tutor me very well. :hammerhead:
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 09:50:30 AM »
Have you tried OOO Armors For Exnem? That may solve your problem, but I wouldn't pin my hopes on me having the correct answer to any dilemma.  ;D   Anyway, you need something, just ask...I'll be happy to help you realize the true weirdness that is attainable.  :lol:

<------------- Starfox, realizing what he's wrought by mentioning "merde" with so many juvenile minds present.

:evil1: <------------- Me, thinking of using "merde" as often as possible.

:vacation:  :xrifle: <------------- Starfox shooting me repeatedly.

Btw, what does Abba have to do with Napoleon? Just asking. :hammerhead:

(Hmmm...Agnetha in garlic butter...)

Anyway. Nice! I'm checking out Sinblood's Vampire Haven for my non-vampire (but still really pale with pointy teeth) character; it's nice and vampire-y, but...uh...I counted at least five doors and four cell changes to get to my sarcophagus. Still, it's nice to have. But I'll keep the Waterfront shack, just for simplicity's sake...

As for clothing and armor, it's a LOT easier in Oblivion. One mesh equals one CS entry *only*. Yay! It makes quick tests so much easier. Speaking of which:

I decided to stick with the default detail instead of deep black. Somehow, this makes it more interesting than being a complete blackout with a shiny sword.

Oh, and as you can see, I learned how to make an offhand katana (useful as a shield and eye-candy, but not as an offensive weapon). Took ten minutes! I wish all my other education had taken only ten minutes. I would've had more time to be a kid. Now? Well. No, they're not toys. They're collectibles. Collectibles. Geez. And I don't have to share them with anyone. So there!

ANYWAY, I thought I'd post some useful body mod links. Because everyone knows that it's not worth playing if you don't have all the accessories.

Exnem's Eye Candy:
Killgore's list of Exnem mod links on TESEyecandy.com. Fairly exhaustive.

Fantasy Figures:
DarkDiva's list of FF links on the BethSoft forums. I wonder at the choice of forums, since the Bethesda forums have lawyered up and don't allow links to sites that may feature -- *gasp*! -- adult content. (I guess bloody combat is less traumatic to the kiddies than a nipple is.) The CanadianIce forums, where the project is mostly based, would be ideal except for the teeny tiny little stumbling block concerning forum registration. Too bad FF doesn't have a website like Exnem's fans.

Biu Adventuress Body (BAB):
The official site. Check the "Addons" and "Babarized" links. There's a TON of stuff.

If you're still wondering which one to get, try this body mod comparison page, which features side-by-sdie comparisons of all of the major body mods, including a couple I didn't mention above. (Why didn't I mention them? Because I don't use them and probably never will.)

If anyone wants my opinion -- you fools! -- on the individual mods, I'll tell you:

Exnem
Pros: Hot. Great texturing. Plenty of third-party options to customize. Very popular.
Cons: Not enough butt. The texture is a headache to customize, due to the strange layout. Man hands.
Think: A stripper with a lot of upper body strength who used her tips for implants.
Body Shape: Apple.

Fantasy Figures
Pros: Hot. Excellent texturing. Flaring hips and smaller shoulders. Nice hands.
Cons: The posture makes the butt and belly pooch out a little too much. Using a big hairstyle makes the head look too large?
Think: Alex Kingston totally naked.
Body Shape: Pear.

BAB
Pros: Hot. Good texturing. Nice hands. Huge availability of clothing. Like 'Rat mentioned, she's perky.
Cons: Needs higher-res textures. (Or maybe I'm just high.) May be a tad "petite" for those in need of a warrior-worthy body.
Think: A track star.
Body Shape: Square.

Growlf's Hot Body
Pros: An overwhelming amount of extremely racy armors right out of the box.
Cons: You really have to be into that sort of thing.
Think: Barbie isn't so featureless and smooth anymore. And there's a crane holding up her nipples, too.
Body Shape: Hourglass.

Eshme's Body
Pros: Not sure...but it was one of the first ones that provided a good alternative to the lousy vanilla body.
Cons: The tiny little hips disturb me.
Think: I hope that isn't a pretty dude.
Body Shape: Inverted pyramid.

And, for those of you who want more steamy man-hunks dominating your game (oh, relax...it's not gay to want to improve your male character's look...at least, that's what my therapist keeps insisting), there's only one male body mod you need. Okay, it's the ONLY male body mod of which I'm aware. I suppose everyone else saw the sheer excellence and gave up trying to top it. I give you:

Robert's Male Body Replacer (v4). There are three styles available (slender, average, muscular), and he'll probably release the other three (bulky, beer belly, scrawny) from the previous version's add-on later. There are underwear options, which saves you, the red-blooded heterosexual male, from having to look at another man's junk when you take all their armor. For the ladies, I say this to you: enjoy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention an extremely fun mod. Seph's True Acrobatics, which changes the dodge perk of Acrobatics into something far more suitable for ninja types. Or supernatural ninja mage types, for a more personal example.

That's all for now. Grab me later. I'll post some Yoko Matsugane and we'll stare in awe.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:57:22 AM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 11:17:30 AM »
Okay...here are a couple for the ladies (you know who you are):

And three for those of you who like grim gray armor:

Why am I posting these? Because they are things that I've done RIGHT. Negativity's fun for a while, but I'd like to keep avoiding that ulcer, thank you very much.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 12:11:02 PM »
Well. I'm a fan of Grim Gray Armor, and , damn, you did do it right. Nice stuff. :onethumb:

Thanks for the first two pictures.  Now I'm  going off to question my sexuality. As if  I didn't have enough to do today......

everything